Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Issues with Zen FTTC after power cut  (Read 4872 times)

Captain Jack

Re: Issues with Zen FTTC after power cut
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »

Well that didn't go well.

I've looked at your connection and can see that the 49m profile is still applied on your line which is what is limiting your sync speed. However the profile is also labelled as retransmission high, this means that it is seeing errors on the line and having to retransmit the data frequently. As this is the case the DLM will likely not remove the profile as your line would not be stable at the higher speeds. The job of the DLM is to make sure the line stays stable therefore it is doing its job correctly by not removing the profile.

BT estimates that your line is capable of about 35mbps but with a range of acceptable speeds being 20.3m to 48.7m. At the moment you are already exceeding the expectations of what the line is capable of. As your sync speeds are above estimate for the line we would not consider this a fault condition and not look at requesting BT do a DLM reset.

Seems like a reasonable response but I have a feeling my line is capable of more...

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »

zen's attitude lately to faults has been poor from what I read over the net, not good considering the price of the isp.

Send a polite request to action your request.  I dont know what you said to get that answer but you need to explain the profile is only like that because of the line before the fault got fixed.

Mas

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 01:07:39 PM »

Well that didn't go well.

Seems like a reasonable response but I have a feeling my line is capable of more...

Yea you can see where he is coming from. They must get loads of people who give them the "my line use to get much more speed than its getting now" bullshine to try and get more speed.

However in your case it is not bullshine. If it were me i would send a polite email back just to reinforce the fact that you know your line is capable of getting a better speed and you believe the profile is wrong and was a manual intervention to fix it. (more on this below)

Forgive me if this is wrong but it might be of some use to you... once on an ADSL line we also had a lowered profile after bad weather and after a number of weeks the profile did not increase. After many weeks of complaining and not dropping the issue with BT, they had an engineer manually adjust the profile and called the service "manual intervention" or something like that. It was back to normal ever since. Now i am not sure if this can be done with FTTC but surely they can just bring your profile up and if the errors start happening again then the worst it will do is just lower again?

Hope you get this fixed in any case!

J
Pages: 1 [2]

anything