Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oddity with Upstream SNR and attainable rate  (Read 7356 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
Re: Oddity with Upstream SNR and attainable rate
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 11:49:31 PM »

Well the engineer fixing the fault on the E side has not sorted the issue with error bursts from a certain kebab shop perhaps he couldn't be bothered to break out the step ladder and check the length of cable from the bt grey wall box to just inside my window, He was only IMO around 50 % cooperative , in that he came up with some tripe about stuff, I expected better from a BTOR engineer who claimed to be a rein engineer, But when he said that the equipment couldn't perform a basic speed test in order to test the throughput i was told it does do that well the equipment he used was an EXFO AXS-200/635 unit, and according to the product manual it has the capability to do what i enquired about , The issue lies on the D side pair

Then there is a separate issue of pish poor single threaded throughput that zen have done zero about in the past 3 weeks since they migrated my circuit over to GEA and 2 weeks later returned back onto WBMC yet the issue has followed me has to be with their side of things which they ain't accepting, bottom line in conversation with them, was i was asked what do i want?, my reply was the service that i am paying you for, is that too much to ask? still waiting for the call back on that btw and i still have the single threaded issue,
So BT or arent going to investigate a issue with throughput are they? Unless there is someone who knows differently please give us the benefit of your knowledge
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:53:08 PM by tommy45 »

Sheepie

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 08:59:13 AM »

How are you testing the single thread download - always from the same [windows] PC? If so then I would test from a different wired device if you can. Or download and burn a bootable linux CD, like Knoppix, and boot your PC from that and test download again, just to rule out anything your end.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

How are you testing the single thread download - always from the same [windows] PC? If so then I would test from a different wired device if you can. Or download and burn a bootable linux CD, like Knoppix, and boot your PC from that and test download again, just to rule out anything your end.
1, I seriously doubt it's my PC or the ethernet connection to it,  it isn't my router either

2, I don't at this present time have another working PC to test anyway Unless  someone is going to reimburse me for buying one or building  another ie new board and CPU then it won't be happening i am sick of this nonsense  It is something zen's side or BTW's  less likely the kit including the cab to the exchange cable links

UPDATE:
I think that i have through my own process of elimination  testing found that this issue  with single thread performance for myself at least is almost certainly not any of my equipment  it's not the line either, last night  after switching my LAN connection to my PC from routing via my router, to a direct link to the BT modem instead  and  i found that there is no issues, i had previously reverted back to the normal modem ><router><PC config, and still retained normal throughput, i did this last night , at 6.00 am dlm re-enabled G.inp  and speedtests on zen's different lns gateways,  were back to the rubbish single thread performance,

I have just tested directly to the modem, and 1 gateway i am getting normal ss performance  and on the only other i able to hop onto The performance is poor on single stream ,

It's also odd that after the engineer had finished testing from the test jack , that i had the poor ss performance across all gateways, until  connected directly and swapped gateways  as it connected to the same one on the 1st attempt ,
It has to be something configured incorrectly  which happened when they migrated my circuit
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:06:39 PM by tommy45 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]