Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: LAN setup  (Read 26517 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: LAN setup
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2017, 12:15:51 PM »

look like kingston have withdrawn the models of their msata from the market below the 120 gig size, the 120 gig hasnt fell down to the price range they were at so basically you can no longer get a new kingston msata in the 30 price range.  All I can find now in that price range for a msata ssd brand new is chinese brands like kingfast.
Sky Fiber Pro - Billion 8800NL bridge & PFSense BOX running PFSense 2.4 - ECI Cab - LINE STATISTICS CLICK HERE

camieabz

• Just arrived
    • Camieabz
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2017, 06:07:38 AM »

Unrelated to the OP / thread:

Many of the posters have their kit setup in their sigs. This is getting parsed for Google searches, and as a result, when I searched for "Billion" "8800" and other search-related data, this thread popped up, but is not relevant at all.

Might I suggest that sigs not include kit, or that the site prevents parsing of sigs?
~squiggle~

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2017, 06:51:41 AM »

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me when I googled squiggle

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »

camieabz this thread may have come up, but then you would find the 8800nl in my sig is clickable and points to one of my 8800nl threads.

Also i have pfsense in my sig which would then have this thread come up for pfsense searches as well.

Swings and roundabouts really.
Sky Fiber Pro - Billion 8800NL bridge & PFSense BOX running PFSense 2.4 - ECI Cab - LINE STATISTICS CLICK HERE

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »

dnscrypt-proxy v1 is now considered obsolete, and is been removed from FreeBSD repo's in due course, so I have v2 a replacement client developed by another developer running, so far so good and will post a guide later, there is also an official guide for it as well here.

https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/wiki/Installation-pfsense

I will post my own guide also, largely similar but added notes in relation to my tuning and using the amd64 binaries (official guide uses ARM binaries), and getting it to work with your own personal dnscrypt server.

Also a comparison with the older proxy software here.

https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/wiki/Differences-to-v1

The original dnscrypt-wrapper is still been developed and works with this v2 proxy.  The v2 proxy also works with unbound DNS servers using crypto v2 or DNS over http/2.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:59:15 AM by Chrysalis »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

anything