Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet launch 4G Mobile Services  (Read 6516 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Plusnet launch 4G Mobile Services
« on: November 14, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »

UK ISP Plusnet have today launched their own brand of 4G Mobile Service. 

The newly launched 'Plusnet Mobile' will be provisioned as part of the EE group, which was acquired by their parent BT earlier this year. 
Plusnet Mobile will merge with, and in future be responsible for the existing mobile network LIFE.  Existing LIFE mobile customers will join the Plusnet family and become Plusnet mobile from the 29th of November 2016.

Plusnet's CEO Andy Baker said

“This is an incredibly exciting moment in our company’s history. True to our Yorkshire roots, Plusnet has always prided itself on offering customers more for less, and extending our offering to include a mobile service is a natural next step as we move to become a full-service quad-play provider. With the launch of Plusnet Mobile, we'll be helping more people stay connected on-the-go with our fantastic data-packed deals and highly competitive rates."

Sim Only Plan Details

• Smart Cap - allowing you to stay in control by limiting your bill and taking all the worry out of your monthly bill
  • Mates Rates – Plusnet residential broadband and line rental customers get access to fantastic offers we reserve for our best mates (further details available at launch)
  • No additional charges for tethering laptops or other devices
  • One size fits all SIM card - no need to worry about your SIM fitting in your phone, we send out one SIM which can be used in any phone
  • Proud to use EE’s 4G network, Plusnet Mobile will focus on delivering excellent data packages to customers at the best possible value.
Core Tariffs
Code: [Select]
Price Per Month Network New Customers
Plan 1 £5 4G 250 minutes, 500 texts, 500MB data
Plan 2 £7.50 4G 1,000 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data
Plan 3 £10 4G 1,500 minutes, unlimited texts, 2GB data
Plan 4 £15 4G Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 4GB data
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Plusnet launch 4G Mobile Services
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »

TBH this is hardly a surprising move.  All the big broadband providers now seem to be entering into the market of  providing 'quad play' services, which is where you get Broadband, phone, TV and mobile from the one Service Provider.

ASA's new ruling last month whereby ISPs now have to display all in in one pricing for both broadband and line rental, pushes the days of stand alone broadband one step further into the past. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:18:08 PM »

Interesting, and very tempting, being £4 cheaper than my current Three contract, guess it depends what offers they have comparable to Three's Feel At Home service, not that I go abroad that often.

www.plusnetmobile.com

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 08:22:31 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:32 PM »

Very poor tariff indeed by Plusnet

Should be:

Code: [Select]
Price Per Month Network New Customers
Plan 1 £5 4G 500 minutes, 1000 texts, 3GB data