Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can you access a site please?  (Read 19219 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: Can you access a site please?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »

The Teredo Tunnelling Psedo-Interface has been present since Windows Vista, I suspect it shows as installed then because that's when it was last updated.

It might be interesting to find out which operating system the people who couldn't access the site are running, and why it doesn't work for them.
Maybe this explains it: https://www.brightbox.com/docs/guides/ipv6/windows/
(which I found when searching Google for teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com - which is the name of the server that doesn't seem to exist)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »

It didn't work for me on Debian Linux until I installed miredo (teredo for Linux and BSD).
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2016, 03:48:19 PM »

Thanks Guys & Girls have been able to access that site using IE11 for some reason the teredo tunnel had a problem starting up on Windows 10 pro so had to find a fix and here is.

•Click on Start, type cmd into the Search box, a menu will pop up, right click on cmd at the top of the list and select Run as Administrator. If the User Account Control window appears click on Yes.
•Type all of these commands (very carefully) one at a time and click on the Enter key on your keyboard after each one has been typed in. You must copy the words exactly as shown here, one letter wrong and they won't function.
•netsh
•int teredo
•set state disabled
•Leave the Command window open. Click on Start, Control Panel, Device Manager. Click on View and select Show hidden Devices.
•Right click on Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and select Uninstall.
•Close the Device Manager and Control Panel. Back to the Command window, type these one at a time and click on the Enter key after each one is typed.
•netsh
•int ipv6
•set teredo client
•Close the Command window.
•Open Device Manager again, right click on Network Adapters and select Scan for harware changes, then click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.
•You should now see the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface entry back in place without the yellow exclamation mark.
•Right click on Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and select Properties, it should show that the device is working correctly in the Device Status box.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2016, 03:49:38 PM »

Hi

@ejs - windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Teredo shown installed and active, but no IPv6 access, only the local link shown in network

IPv6 only became active when I setup 6to4 tunnel, which I did at router level so all connected devices could use IPv6, which is a /64 block but could get a /48 if needed

Many thanks

John

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2016, 03:57:04 PM »

According to the website I linked, it's because the earlier versions of Windows won't do DNS lookups asking for IPv6 addresses if they've only got Teredo access to IPv6.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »

I have now installed Miredo on a Fedora24 test system under virtualbox as my main openSUSE system does not have a package for it. It sort of works in that I can visit http://v6.testmyipv6.com/ and do an IPv6 only test which works but for some reason I am not able (yet) to visit my original site I asked about from Firefox although the ping6 commands work fine.

Its an awful lot of messing around to solve what is an ISP issue, I'd hope to get a reply from TT on my thread having told them about the loopsofzen site being IPv6 only. They really should get their corporate fingers out and implement IPv6 sooner rather than later when more sites are IPv6 only.

Stuart

Just to say that after initially posting this I went back and tried loopsofzen again in Fedora24 and it worked! Go figure!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:33:29 PM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »

I have now found out what I missed when installing miredo on openSUSE and now it works on here as well. Pity they don't have a package but it is working now natively in openSUSE.

Not heard back from TT yet on my thread there about what they might or more likely might not be doing....

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »

I'm pleased you got there. :)
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 10:28:20 PM »

It was suggested on another forum that this cold (and perahps should) be done in a router. Has anyone tried IPv6 tunnelling in a router?

Stuart

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2016, 10:49:54 PM »

yes, its best to probably get a hurricane electric tunnel, they free, and I Was using one before switching to sky native.

you also get a static allocation which you can delegate as you please.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2016, 08:21:12 PM »

It was suggested on another forum that this cold (and perahps should) be done in a router. Has anyone tried IPv6 tunnelling in a router?

Stuart

The Billion 8800NL will automatically setup a virtual server in the NAT as (UPnP) Teredo once a device that requires IPv6 connectivity so need to do anything manually on the router side.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything