Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT 2Wire Business Hub  (Read 6204 times)

ukpa

• Just arrived
BT 2Wire Business Hub
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »

Hi guys
I Have a 2WireBT 2700HGV, S/N 500721045455R, busines hub. I unlocked it with the aid of this site http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm#Adjusting. My broadband provider is Tiscali, I was able to unlock it and the router is working fine execpt the wifi. Each time I try to connect  with my laptop, I would receive an error message that it can't be connected or it is not available. Can anybody tell me where I got it wrong and how to get the wifi working.
Take care guys.
Ukpa

Mick

• Reg Member
Re: BT 2Wire Business Hub
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:10:04 AM »

We may need more info, but have you checked that you have not disabled the router's wireless interface? (see screenshot which shows the wireless disabled).

Also, have you entered the WPA2 or WEP key found on a sticker under the router, into your PC's wireless connection manager?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Regards,
Mick

ukpa

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »

Hi Mick, thanks for your reply. I have checked if I disabled the router's wireless interface. I didn't, all is fine and I changed the WPA2 or WEP key found on a sticker under the router to my own for security reason. Let me know if there is anything else we can try. Have a nice week end.
Ukpa

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »

Have you tried to change the key back to the default and then see if that works?

Did it ever work with the default settings in the first place?  It is always a good idea to remove encryption completely and if successful then try to connect adding encryption, changing the key, changing the SSID, etc. one step at a time.

Have you also checked that it is not something as simple as selecting the correct mode (108.11g or b) to correspond to your laptop's WiFi adaptor?

If your router has not been updated with the latest firmware from BT you should still be able to access your advanced configuration pages on:  http://gateway.2wire.net/mdc

Have a look at the detailed log on http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=J34 in case it reveals the reason for your wireless problem.

Finally, also have a look at the logs in your laptop to see if you can get a more detailed error message.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I am not using wireless on the 2700HGV and I do not have MSWindows to tell you where the logs are stored.

Hope this helps,

PS.  Stating the obvious, but also check that your laptop's wifi manager has not saved the old password and keeps using it every time you try to reconnect.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:40:03 PM by Mick »
Regards,
Mick

anything