Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: News Articles  (Read 5592 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: News Articles
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 03:25:57 PM »

Ahh didnt notice a new thread was made.

Yes I split it off because it wasnt relevant to the orginal post and as eric said "If anyone has constructive suggestions for improving this section of the forum (or any other) please raise them in the "Site & Forum Discussion" section." so here was a far better place to discuss this.

The rest of the post is not aimed at anyone in particular.

----

Just to repeat and clarify on what I said in posts above.   The News section is specifically for reporting on "Events in the IT and ISP Industry" and is categorised as such.   Its intention is to share news articles from other sources and ANYONE can post articles in there about broadband related events from other sites that they feel that members of this forum may be interested in.

If you dont want to read it or if you feel its of no relevance to you then you can easily unsubscribe to that one section only by going to your preferences and putting a tick next to the relevant section.

I and others found the section of benefit because I dont have time to read all the other forums and by providing a summary it kept us in the loop what was going on elsewhere and often triggered some interesting debates over on this site.  Sometimes its easy to be dismissive of work that others put in and I'm sad that that section has now totally fallen silent.  :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »

I thought I was saving people time by posting the headline and story.

The reason I don't post the full article is because we'd be stepping in to copyright laws by lifting the whole of someones work and using it without asking. By only giving a quick summary and headline, as well as linking back to the source then everyone is happy.

Yes it would be good to gather stories from other places and list them all together. But I'm only one person and I started linking stories whenever I saw something interesting.

If you think I'm spamming or not doing the best job on things then step up and post your links and comments too. Everyones opinion is valid, as long as its constructive.

I (amongst others, it seems), welcome your 'News reports', Bowdon. I also applaud the fact that you pick out a snippet of info to post, that makes my decision as to whether to click the link to read the whole shebang, easier.
As others have pointed out, it is incredibly easy to ignore posts if they aren't of interest to oneself.  :)

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 05:17:26 PM »

There's also a summary of each article on the ISP Review front page.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 05:42:48 PM »

I daresay there's an overwhelming amount of sites one could visit, in order to gain the latest news ............ the fact that I can't be ar5ed to do so, makes Bowdon's work more relevant to myself.  :) :)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »

Keep the News coming to the KITZ forum news channel as it's now blocked in my preferences and have an Icon to ISPreview UK with one click of the mouse button and your there at the site how lazy can you get  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 09:39:38 PM »

You actually have to like 'click' ..... as many times as once !! Too much like hard work, NS.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]