Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amazon.co.uk  (Read 8508 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Amazon.co.uk
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:32:04 PM »

I have just bought a Sony MP3 from Amazon at a cost of £84.94.When I looked on the site this morning the price had dropped to £81.94.I sent an email to Amazon complaining about this and said I should be entitled to the difference in the form of a refund.I have just had a reply stating that they will refund me the difference because the price dropped within 30 days of ordering.
So if you come across this in future just email them asking for a refund. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Amazon.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »

And a reminder to all you people that you can shop at Amazon by clicking the 'Shop' link on Kitz' main site. The prices and offers are still the same, but the Kitz site gets a small commission which helps to pay the cost of running it.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:02:30 PM »

Good one, UB.

I must admit that I have bought from and through Amazon in the past and have had nothing but excellant service.
On the one occasion when I had a complaint, with an Amazon "merchant" not Amazon, and asked for a full  refund, I had it within the day from Amazon who stated that they would pursue the merchant on my behalf, but here is your money in the meantime.  :)

One of the safest places to buy online, I think.

I had not realised that the arrangement as described by roseway was in place, but will go down that route next time I purchase thro' Amazon :thumbs:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:13:29 PM by tuftedduck »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »

I have been using them for years.I think they were the first online retailer I bought something from. A big thumbs up from me.  :)

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Yeah we've had "issues" with merchants before. Amazon did sort it out but they needed a fairly hefty "shove" to get the process started.

I confess that these days I tend to either save up orders or "bulk them out" a bit to keep the cost just over £100 as that's the level you can force your CC provider to get involved too.

Heh I was just wondering who we frequently use that we have never had problems with and there's only one - www.screwfix.com How odd :)

Edit - this is actually a moneysaving tip. Amazon will refund the difference if they drop the price within 30 days, so remember to check the prices of everything you bought for Christmas in January ;)

Edit2 - we've actually done this and it works. Quite nice getting money credited to your card in January :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:23:32 PM by rizla »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:26:34 PM »

I have just bought a Sony MP3 from Amazon at a cost of £84.94.When I looked on the site this morning the price had dropped to £81.94.I sent an email to Amazon complaining about this and said I should be entitled to the difference in the form of a refund.I have just had a reply stating that they will refund me the difference because the price dropped within 30 days of ordering.
So if you come across this in future just email them asking for a refund. :)

Did you not read this Rizla  ;)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »

Am I the only person in the world who's never used Amazon?
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »

Am I the only person in the world who's never used Amazon?

Could be  :)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

I've never bought a National Lottery ticket either.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 03:00:07 PM »

Did you not read this Rizla  ;)

:D

Yes but it works even for items in a sale with Amazon which might not be apparent to some people. It certainly wasn't apparent to me when someone told me you could get "January sale" prices when shopping for Christmas presents :)

anything