Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Karenware - KPT Replicator  (Read 3909 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Karenware - KPT Replicator
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:16:03 PM »

I think a few people on this forum use Replicator for a backup solution (or at least did) because its fairly lightweight and does what it says on the tin.
If you do use it then please read the following.

I noticed fairly recently that it didn't appear to be backing up correctly.  It took me a while to notice as I wasnt getting any obvious error messages and at first glance it appeared to be copying fine.   On closer inspection I noticed it appears to have difficulty with any new directories after a recent Win10 update.

From what I can see at MajorGeeks, they are aware there is a problem and there is a quick-fix for the Local directory but I dont think that covers the issue with new directories in other locations.

Although on Majorgeeks it says quote
Also, if you were running Replicator before the update when the ACL was added to those reparse points, it would continue to work

From my own observations it now also seems broken regardless.  Hopefully someone will be able to find a proper solution. :fingers:

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Browni

• Reg Member
Re: Karenware - KPT Replicator
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »

There's a possible solution posted at the end of this thread on Windows Secrets.

I don't use Karen's Replicator so am unable to verify.