Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "One Leg Dis" Fault?  (Read 8973 times)

andyfitter

• Reg Member
Re: "One Leg Dis" Fault?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 10:15:26 AM »

Broadband engineer been, was a faulty port. Not sure if he fixed it or just moved me to another. He's done a DLM reset and I've it looks like I've had G.inp removed.

Syncing at 72/20 as previously. Stats on MDWS as andyf

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 05:46:47 PM »

I suspect that your circuit has just been moved to a different port on the line-card. (Or if there was no spare port available, the line-card was swapped out.)

Given time, the DLM process should eventually re-enable G.998.4 (G.Inp).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

milgo

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 07:43:57 PM »

My connection resync’d again this morning, this time at 8:11 again with RDI given as the reason.  The actual sync stats have remained the same at exactly 60/20 so as advised by j0hn it appears that my line has become banded. I need to move a few things around at home tomorrow and that will give me the opportunity to power off the HG612 ( I will ensure that it is off for between 31-44 minutes) just to see if that has any effect on the actual sync speed.  If it does not then I will raise a broadband fault with Sky...hopefully to get a DLM reset done on the connection.

@andyfitter – great to see that you got your fault sorted and that you have got your full D/U speed back.  Just something that I noticed between our respective actual sync graphs is the way that when the fault was resolved my speed increased vertically whilst yours goes up in a gentle slope!

andyfitter

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »

Resynced overnight and G.Inp is now back. Im also now syncing at about 5Mb faster than ever before, from around 72 for the last year or so up to 77 now.

milgo

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »

Well Andy you are flying now! I notice that our line stats are very similar apart from the extra 4Mb d/s that you have managed to achieve.

andyfitter

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 06:59:33 PM »

Well Andy you are flying now! I notice that our line stats are very similar apart from the extra 4Mb d/s that you have managed to achieve.

Yep, it's been a really good outcome having been steady at somewhere between 68 and 72 for the last 3 years since I moved here.

Wouldn't have thought that moving me to a new port would make any real difference, maybe I'm now on a different tie pair with less crosstalk. My attenuation has also dropped very slightly which I guess would help, although again Im not sure why that would happen as my line length hasn't changed.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 06:14:56 PM »

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. Mentioned to the engineer at the cab that I was on a Sky connection but he didn't seem to realise it would make a difference.

Maybe he was new, or in a hurry for his lunch :-(

It matters not which LLU ISP you are with, as OR we only have access to classic BT owned circuits via our CSS database.

You'll have noticed how many wires are in those Cabinets, we need to know the dedicated routing from your ISP in order to identify 'your' connections manually, or to employ a 'Remote tone' which generates an audible noise that we can then identify.

However, as you have since found out, the issue was nothing to do with the engineer you spoke with and we can't be spending time looking at every EU's problems as they pass us when we're working, we simply haven't got the time. The simplest way is to ring your ISP immediately you encounter an issue
Pages: 1 [2]