Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Downstream D3 suddenly appeared in SNRM/Band Graph  (Read 1143 times)

displaced

• Reg Member
Downstream D3 suddenly appeared in SNRM/Band Graph
« on: November 09, 2016, 11:47:13 PM »

Hi,

Naturally, as I've got the OR engineer coming in the morning to do a DLM reset, my line's just started doing something odd :)

I've had an Attainable DS scraping 50Mbit until this afternoon.  It took a drop to 44 around 2pm.  Digging round the MDWS graphs, I see that my SNRM/Band US graph is suddenly showing figures for the D3 band, which had previously been a solid and continuous 0.

I can't quite get my head around what would be happening on my line -- would anyone mind taking a peek?  MDWS name's displaced

Very peculiar!

Cheers,
Chris
YouFibre 1Gbit, OPNsense on Intel N100.  Ubiquiti UAPs.

displaced

• Reg Member
Re: Downstream D3 suddenly appeared in SNRM/Band Graph
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »

OR engineer's been and reset the DLM.  Speeds are now almost back to average pre-switch to Vodafone, even with the loss of G.INP!

Really decent bloke.  Enjoyed his coffee and was happy to talk through what he was doing with me.  He's fitted a new MK4 SSFP, replacing my old MK1.  He left to check some stuff at the cab side and called me whilst he was there.  He's going to come back after another job to switch my line over to a different pair between the cab and the pole to see if that increases things any more (I'm in the middle of the 'impacted' range for my line).  I think that's well above and beyond the call of duty!!

Took a sneaky peek at his van -- definitely a genuine Openreach guy, not one of their subbies.

As for my previous post, I don't know if it's the DLM reset or the new ADSLNation DSL cable, but D3 bit allocation seems to have firmed up a bit and my attainable's up to 48184.  It'll be enlightening to see what happens after the pair swap!

(When I was mid-rant about VF's customer services, he grinned and said something along the lines of "I can't possibly comment.  If I have something factual, I can state it.  But I can't say anything good, or bad, about any service provider.  Even BT!".  Made me chuckle :))
YouFibre 1Gbit, OPNsense on Intel N100.  Ubiquiti UAPs.