Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

Compact Camera recomendations

<< < (8/8)

sevenlayermuddle:
In fairness I think it is correctly written as "1 inch type sensor", which does give a clue.   But as I simply want a sensor that's in between pocket compact (usually defined as 1/2.3") and APS-C, I think that Panasonic suits me, no matter what they call it.

sevenlayermuddle:
Fz1000 now on order. 

The only last minute concern was I discovered the minimum aperture for still photos is limited to f/8.  This seems to be a purely software limitation.  Discussions on various forums point out that it corresponds to the 'diffraction limit' for the sensor size.

'Diffraction limit' is not a term I had previously heard of but apparently, if I understand right, it is an inescapable physical limit that varies with sensor size, and applies to all lenses, beyond which image quality will deteriorate at small apertures.   Even if that is the case I'd rather have had the choice to use smaller apertures in situations where top-notch quality wasn't critical, but I wanted extra depth of field, or I wanted an extra-slow shutter speed.   Disappointing and annoying but, I decided, not a show-stopper.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version