Broadband Related > ISPs

Which ISP To Go For (FTTC) - Discussion

<< < (3/3)

gt94sss2:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on October 09, 2016, 10:41:31 PM ---I did check a few ISP sites with phone number  >:( I am going to be bombarded with calls tomorrow from the sales department.

Origin is ok £21.58 per month
for the first 6 months, £31.58 thereafter the same as EE
Including Broadband & Line Rental

Sky is a No and Zen is OK but very expensive £43.99* per month including line rental and alos remember to take into account the small print of migration charge it's £49 to move from EE to BT

--- End quote ---

The last few posts have gone some way from keyap's original post and the promise of follow-ups so a moderator may want to separate them..

I was going to say your problem was that you were on a 20CN exchange but note you already have BT Infinity which means your line is connected to 21CN at your fibre headend exchange. For fibre connections you don't need LLU at your exchange to get a LLU Fibre connection.

All Sky, Vodafone, TalkTalk need to do is connect to the headend exchange to their network which they will almost certainly have done as traffic for many different 'traditional' exchanges goes to one 'headend' exchange making it viable for them to do so, when it wouldn't have been viable to do it only for your exchange.

kitz:

--- Quote ---The last few posts have gone some way from keyap's original post and the promise of follow-ups so a moderator may want to separate them..
--- End quote ---

Was a bit difficult to decide where to split without trying to ruin the flow and cut off part topics.   Split at the most logical point and not necessarily where it went off topic.

Weaver:
Mea culpa maxima. :-[ should have put my rant/psychoanalysis into a wholly more appropriate thread.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: kitz on October 09, 2016, 10:15:14 PM ---That info you have been given above is for TT backhaul - you do not want EAD (ethernet on demand).

--- End quote ---

Just a quick comment, months later, for I have noticed a minor error . . .

EAD is Ethernet Access Direct.

Openreach sell EAD between two locations. It is up to the purchaser of the EAD service as to what Ethernet frames are sent between the two end locations.

So for what N*Star had quoted, TT would have purchased EAD from Openreach. One end would be at a convenient location to link to TT's backhaul, whilst the other end would be in N*Star's home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version