Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: and then there were two  (Read 26928 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: and then there were two
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »

Things seem to be afoot with my (OP's) cabs, though personally with an ADSL2+ sync ~8000 kbps, which is very good for exchange distance, the risk of a lousy D side knocking me down to the lower FTTC forecasts makes the attraction of fibre less glamorous. The new 18/2, were it ever to come here, would not be much worse. The only slight problem is intermittent OnDemand buffering, and a bigger one that PN might start charging me for having my phone with BT; something I avoid by being a customer prior to the charge's introduction.

Fool or wise man? ;D

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 12:57:12 AM »

did the WBC FTTC Availability date show as "waiting list" before now? nice to see a date for the 2nd cabinet going live.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 08:26:22 AM »

Witing lists for months!

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 02:06:17 PM »

Excellent! I know to wait for a date showing before ordering. My cabs been waiting list for months also but random days it shows available which must just be space on the existing cab or space on the waiting list

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 05:08:39 PM »

Mines been the same for a while now - hopefully will get a nice shiny new Huawei this week, just like the one attached, which is NDRAM 5

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:10:42 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »

Seems I now have a nice big Huawei cabinet installed, only minor downside is they've installed it 40 to 50 meters from the PCP. There was an ideal looking space between the PCP and the ECI cab, but perhaps there's something underground as I'm sure they weren't worried about the aesthetics of what it looks like.

This is the second cab locally I'm aware of to get a large Huawei as a second cab (the first cabs being ECI), there's another one scheduled for a couple of weeks time. I also think that NDBRO 23 has also had a large Huawei installed as a second cab - this cab is close to NDBRO 35 and passing through that way the other day I'm sure I also spotted a small Huawei near NDBRO 35. So it certainly seems like BT are not installing ECI cabs any more.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »

Seems I now have a nice big Huawei cabinet installed
excellent news. mine still not active. DSLAM installed, power attached, copper ties connected to new pod on PCP. Spotted an engineer running all sorts of tests on the DSLAM about a week ago, he was there for 2 days. Hopefully any day now it's up and running. I'm living off local BT WiFi-with-Fon from a neighbours line.
So it certainly seems like BT are not installing ECI cabs any more.
Absolutely agree with that. The appearance of an expanded Huawei MA5616T inbetween then and now is another nail in the ECI coffin. Huawei are still actively developing their hardware, offering larger line cards. ECI still can't fix their G.INP issues.

There's an ECI going live soon about a mile from me but the cabinet has been in place since 2014. Power issues severely delayed it.
I'd be surprised to see any newly planned ECI cabinets.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »

good news ronski, by the way how do you use that roadworks site? everytime I used it it never shows whats planned.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 05:30:23 PM »

My showed as being available 12/1, and now Waiting List. Can both of them be full already?!

Some providers show Fibre available, yet BT's sidekick PN says "no", and can't even take orders, were anyone to ask.

PN ineptitude, or their master playing SBs to swallow PN up completely? ::)

Who makes, whet seems to be a rule, that resellers quote the lower clean download estimate? Unfair competion, perhaps.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 05:52:22 PM »

If the BTw DSL checker shows waiting list then nobody should be able to take an order. I would have expected your cabinet to show available not waiting list, after the date they provided.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »

good news ronski, by the way how do you use that roadworks site? everytime I used it it never shows whats planned.

Roadworks.org doesn't cover all areas, if your council doesn't use it then I think they should have something else in place on their website. The roadworks website defaults to today, so I usually select next two weeks, or even up to twelve months.

Try looking at Broadstairs, and see what you can see.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »

Mine just changed from waiting list to 17th :)
It's also letting me place an order

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 09:48:47 PM »

Mines not shown a waiting list for some time now, which also means I can't verify whether it shows just my phone number or address as available when others have a waiting list.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 12:37:29 AM »

It changed at exactly midnight and now a waiting list again :(
I decided to wait till the date shown to order, hopefully it updates during the day. It seems very fast to sell at least 48 lines in the 12 or so hours it allowing orders. It changed from waiting list to 17th sometime after noon yesterday.

Is your cabinet still a waiting list renlup?

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »

@jOhn
....and even in the short time between your screenshots, the estimate has reduced! :o What will it be by the time you're on? :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

anything