Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TP‑LINK Archer VR2600 port forwarding  (Read 3205 times)

Reficul

• Just arrived
TP‑LINK Archer VR2600 port forwarding
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »

I installed one of these this week. I'm generally happy with it and it seems to perform well, but unfortunately it appears to have a show stopping firmware bug.

I run an SSH server at home and I've forwarded port 22 to its internal IP, but remote clients can only get as far as authentication, then the SSH session hangs.

The strange thing is I have other port forwarding rules which work fine.

TP-LINK support think the problem is the router intentionally blocks SSH traffic from anything except their 'Tether' smartphone app (which uses SSH to communicate with the router) - I'm not 100% convinced about that, but, either way, the issue has been passed to their engineering team...

I was just wondering if anyone else has one of these and has encountered the same issue?

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
Re: TP‑LINK Archer VR2600 port forwarding
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:06:29 PM »

It would seem that SSH is locked down. I now own one of these beasts and have the very same issue on the latest firmware. Even trying to log in locally it will not accept any Username and password combo.

smason

• Just arrived
Re: TP‑LINK Archer VR2600 port forwarding
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:23 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone else has one of these and has encountered the same issue?

Just stumbled upon this after diagnosing a similar issue.  My issue is with getting out, but seems like it could be similar.  I found somethig similar on serverfault and responded with a workaround/fix to my issue: http://serverfault.com/a/825705/195166

Would be interesting to know if this affects you as well!