Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dream On  (Read 5372 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: Dream On
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 02:06:12 AM »

lol - I know what you mean... what gets me is people who eat fish and chicken but not red meat - yet still call themselves 'vegetarian'... what's that all about?! :shrug2:
Chris

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »

Avoiding eating meat and fish directly is the easy part.  It's identifying the animal by products and derivatives that get put into food that can be difficult at first.  Unfortunately some manufacturers and retailers are still poor at identifying things like gelatine in sweets, non-vegetarian cheese (I don't know of any italian restaurant staff that  recognise that Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian!) and trying to identify vegetarian wine other than in top class wine retailers like Majestic Wine is very difficult (impossible in most restaurants).  Rant over! >:D

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »

Like a certain fast food chain who use a high proportion of lard in their milk shake. :sick:

scottiesmum

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 09:56:15 AM »

lol - I know what you mean... what gets me is people who eat fish and chicken but not red meat - yet still call themselves 'vegetarian'... what's that all about?! :shrug2:

Mr. C .....  I think it's called  'attention seeking '  :shrug2:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »

This day and age people think its 'in' to have an allergy,or to be 'wheat intolerent', 'lactose intolerent' etc, like you say it 'gets you noticed'.Its the same way people spell their names different.IE,Rebecca = Rebekah,Whats that all about  ???

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 01:19:59 PM »

UB, sorry but I have to disagree with you about the intolerance thing... it's just a bit of a fancy name though!

Wheat and lactose intolerances are real things - however I do agree that people do shove it in your face a bit, as some people do with anything a bit different. Unfortunately it spoils things for the genuine people who just try to quietly get on with their lives, without making a fuss!
Chris
Pages: 1 [2]