Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ofcom Provisionally Finds BT Overcharged Sky for Engineer Fault Finding  (Read 3818 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Ofcom Provisionally Finds BT Overcharged Sky for Engineer Fault Finding
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 08:23:06 PM »

This - BT wanted to merge Openreach and Wholesale anyway, and with FTTC and FTTP meaning Openreach run active hardware now rather than just managed ducts and cables the lines are thoroughly blurred between the two.

Exactly,  it really doesn't make the best way to run a network when things get overly complicated.   TT and Sky dont care because it doesnt really affect them in the way that it does for those SPs who use WBC/WMBC.   The more complicated things get for other ISPs and not exactly the best way to drive competition.  There needs to be a more level playing field so that the likes of AAISP can buy what they want (and only what they need) direct from one place.  Instead of the stupid situation where he buys from BTw but wants something different from Openreach, but cant talk to them because they are behind a Chinese wall.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Ofcom Provisionally Finds BT Overcharged Sky for Engineer Fault Finding
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 09:52:48 PM »

Its nothing to do with he wants a split or not, I think he will be happy because its another dispute between a reseller and the BT group that didnt go in BT group favour.  Completely irrelevant to any split.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything