Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.INP won't come back  (Read 5371 times)

raislander

Re: G.INP won't come back
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »

Here the picture of it  :cool: :cool: :cool:

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 08:47:20 PM »

The return of G.INP to your circuit was much quicker than anticipated to me it looks like 3 weeks from the info you gave us from the time of change of service type, is that you have witnessed ?

And your graph shows us you closed the gate after the horse had bolted  :lol: we like to the effects before and after the event !
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:54:21 PM by NewtronStar »

raislander

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »

Yes that's what it happened. I migrated the line on the 26th of September and yesterday G.INP came back on.

These are stats this morning.

About your question, what stats where you asking about? I got a bit lost about the last part of your question.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 07:10:50 PM »

About your question, what stats where you asking about? I got a bit lost about the last part of your question.

It would have been good to see your MDWS stats a week before the change of FTTC service and then the removal of G.INP and then G.INP being reactivated in the Graphs as the only info from MDWS starts on the 11th of October.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 10:43:59 PM »

He has data from the 5th onwards  :-\
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

raislander

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »

Sorry, I started with the HH6 initially when I did the change from Sky, and after a few days of seeing reconnections and the line dropping, I decided to go back to the HG612+Asus as I was not understanding why the frequent drops.

Thanks to being able to see the details of the line in the HG612 I could find out what was causing the noise issues in my line, and remove it almost completely.

I've been now for 4 days with a really stable line, with optimal speeds and ping. Can't complain how the service performs now to be honest.

AngelRex

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 12:45:43 PM »

I'm with sky and experienced something similar.  I had G.INP on upstream and downstream and my ping was solid 8ms then the G.INP was removed off the upstream and my ping went back up to 15-17ms. 

If I use either the HG612 or the Sky router, the results seem to be the same.  I sync 40/6.5 and my line is about 750-800m.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 03:41:20 AM »

g.inp lines seem to enable some kind of gain or increase the power output when enabled as the snr increases over whats possible on normal fast path.

I hope for us ECI peeps the april 2017 rollout goes smoothly.

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 08:48:57 AM »

g.inp lines seem to enable some kind of gain or increase the power output when enabled as the snr increases over whats possible on normal fast path.

I hope for us ECI peeps the april 2017 rollout goes smoothly.

Me too. In the halcyon days of Ginp I was getting 18 d, 1.5 u and 17 ping.  Now I am on 14.5 d, 1 u and 37 ping.

Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 [2]