Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PinkConnect  (Read 10532 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: PinkConnect
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »

>> We do sell routers depending on what the customer would like.

Hi helen, it would be best then perhaps pick one of those that you sell, set it up yourself at home and have a damn good play with it.  Do such things as port-forwarding and have a real good look around the interface to familiarise yourself with the layout and what kind of things it can show you about the line.

Preferably first choose something like say a Netgear dg834g which a lot of people seem to use. 
If you sell them, you boss may even let you "borrow" a few different routers so you get to know the different interface layouts and where to put the important config details.

>> I am currently studying an MCSA and hope to learn more about networking the further into this I get.

Good luck - I'm sure you will enjoy it.
btw dont let being a girl put you off...

I remember several years ago and the guys making snide digs about females and PCs.  But guess who got  distinctions all the way and a mark so high in the final networking year of my degree that it surpassed the normal 1st standard it was even remarked (99%).  The lowest I got on the modules I did was a 2.1 for my dissertation and that was cause I basically messed up the presentation. (I dont do the "talk stuff" too good) :(

So you go for it gal and good luck. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

HelenMitchell

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »

Hey Kitz

Thanks very much for your kind words and info.

I am pretty ok with the netgear routers, it was the damned d-link ones that got me!! I am definitely going to have more of a play with some of them. 

At the moment i'm doing some WAPs too! :-/ 

Being a girl and working in IT is good but it can be hard sometimes when people think you're not capable.  I constantly get "don't change anything on there" like i'm some kind of idiot or something, the point is that if you don't know how to work something then it's best to have a play around and change some of the settings to see if they work.  Obviously not if it's in a working network or anything but you know what I mean.

Worst of all is being told not to change things after you've been told to set this this and this up. You ask for some help and say "i've never done this before can I have a hand" and then it gets taken away totally!.

Ugh!
views and opinions that I express on this website are not representative of those at the company I work for.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »

>> Being a girl and working in IT is good but it can be hard sometimes when people think you're not capable.

Yep..  know what you mean. :/
Keep at it girl you'll get there :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

HelenMitchell

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »

Here's hoping. 

:angel:
views and opinions that I express on this website are not representative of those at the company I work for.

Drefsab

• ISP Rep
  • Zen - Tech Support
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 04:10:20 PM »

Yup I hope it all goes well for you, theres definatly not enough women in IT, hell most of the women I know it in are better that most of the guys I know :)
Aaron Eldridge
ZeN - Technical Support
-------------------------IMPORTANT---------------------
The opinions expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Zen Internet

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »

We've got a few female engineers on our patch, They sometimes get people coming up to them in the street asking (You realy a bt engineer ?" "Yes" "Well good for you."

Seems they get more proactively positive comments compaired to the very odd anti one

Drefsab

• ISP Rep
  • Zen - Tech Support
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

almost all of my female friends are geeks in one form of another ;) mainly gamer geeks :)
Aaron Eldridge
ZeN - Technical Support
The opinions expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Zen Internet

HelenMitchell

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 09:42:34 AM »

*looks other way*

Yeah not that I spend most of my free time on my playstation at all.  Honest.  lol. 

When I was younger I got into a game called Dungeon Keeper on the PC.  And I had a demo of it which I loved playing....I got into the config files and changed them so I had unlimited gold.  I have no idea how old I was but I don't think I was even a teen yet.  I loved playing on shareware and also Cannon Fodder!! hehe!

RIP my megadrive.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »

Oh,the old megadrive,remember 'altered beast'.I think it was the game most megadrives were bundled with.I used to play a game on the pc called Daggerfall.When you got into the dungeons it used to scare the hell out of me.(but then again I'm just a big jelly)  :)

HelenMitchell

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »

Yeah I remember Altered Beast.  It was recently released on PS2 actually along with good old James Pond!! I loved that game.

I sucked at Altered Beast quite badly actually.  *is ashamed*  :'(

Drefsab

• ISP Rep
  • Zen - Tech Support
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:04:13 PM »

I loved Dungeon Keeper, I used to be so mean to the chickens :) I miss my old megadrive, wish I had it still was an amazing system :)
Aaron Eldridge
ZeN - Technical Support

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »

I miss my old Amiga 600  :)

Ammit

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »

I got James Pond on the PS2 the other day.  Oh those were the days when i played it on my megadrive.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything