Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: packet crafting tools  (Read 4538 times)

Zanoma

packet crafting tools
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »

Hi

I was just wondring if any one has used a packet crafting tool before I tryed nemesis and hping but could not find any good infomation on getting the programs to work.

Are there any others that work with windows  platform ?

cheers Alan.

Re: packet crafting tools
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:17:27 AM »

IMHO you are wasting your time using Windows for this. The options (even with winpcap) are severely limited and most ports from *nix are missing significant functionality, although in some cases this isn't immediately apparent.

My advice is to install Linux on a separate partition. Take a look at the Linux section on these forums if you're unsure how to do this.

Zanoma

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »

Yes, I see what your saying about linux most of the programs I have used /tryed to use :X were first programed for linux   I tryed linux along long time ago but could never really use it.

If i was to use a windows one what one would you pick and why?

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »

If i was to use a windows one what one would you pick and why?

I'm afraid the days of discussing "packet crafting tools" in public on a UK-hosted site are long gone (for me anyway).

The UK govt considers nmap a "hacking tool" and one thing this govt is good at is passing stupid unworkable laws so as sure as night follows day someone is going to be a "test case" and it isn't going to be me :lol: To be fair they're not the only ones - nmap is illegal to possess in Germany for example.

I think you should go read the Linux section. Use a LiveCD to install - PCLinuxOS is very easy to install. Alternatively find a LiveCD which contains the tools you require and just boot that - no need to install Linux on the machine.

anything