Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.INP/Retransmission roll-out on ECI cabinets - UPDATE 02/09/2016  (Read 15554 times)

AngelRex

Re: G.INP/Retransmission roll-out on ECI cabinets - UPDATE 02/09/2016
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »

It's not withheld, it's just not first choice. It only comes on if the upstream is full of errors.

Unless I'm mistaken, upstream G.INP dosn't exist on ANY cabinets BECAUSE ECI cabinets won't accept it. Hence BT restricted it / stopped it, changed G.INP from MK1 to MK2 without G.INP on the upstream.  There are NO lines that have G.INP on the upstream - if you find one.

G.INP on downstream still exists but ECI cabinets have an issue with it.  Huawei cabinets are not effected on the downstream.  As mentioned above, if they fix G.INP on ECI cabinets then they can re-enable G.INP on ALL cabinets.

I thank you for your time.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:05:14 PM by AngelRex »

AngelRex

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 12:39:59 PM »

ECI cabinets did not have G.INP on the upstream, and probably won't ever support it.

This latest issue was about problems encountered with ECI cabinets doing G.INP on the downstream only. The status of Huawei cabinets is unchanged.

Huawei cabinets can support upstream so why is it turned off?  I did have it on as my line needs it or benefits from it.

ip75

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »

I get G.INP on the upstream every now and again, when errors on the upstream get too high. It usually disappears again after a couple of days. Huawei cabinet and modem.

Edit: just checked on MDWS (ip75) and it was enabled from 16th August to the 1st September, if I'm reading it correctly (by looking at G-B1 INP).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:48:00 PM by ip75 »

AngelRex

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »

I get G.INP on the upstream every now and again, when errors on the upstream get too high. It usually disappears again after a couple of days. Huawei cabinet and modem.

Edit: just checked on MDWS (ip75) and it was enabled from 16th August to the 1st September, if I'm reading it correctly (by looking at G-B1 INP).

Interesting.  I have had my HG612 switched off and been using the SKY SR102 router so cant check my stats of late.  I'll plug it back in and see how it does.

Cheers :)

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 01:03:38 PM »

Huawei cabinets can support upstream so why is it turned off?  I did have it on as my line needs it or benefits from it.

You are wrong  >:(. Lots of people on https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk have g.inp upstream with Huawei.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »

Dray is correct.  G.INP is available in both directions on the Huawei cabs, by default downstream is enabled but upstream it isn't unless needed.

[Mk2] G.INP will be applied on the upstream if the line displays sufficient errors under the following circumstances

1) if its a Huawei cab and
2) the modem is capable of upstream G.INP

See G.INP & Openreach

Quote from: Ian Lawrence
Upstream

Initially, fast mode is applied by default on all lines. 90% of lines stay in this mode and never move. If the line is experiencing trouble in the upstream then DLM will enable retransmission at the low level. If retransmission is no longer needed (because the noise has gone away for example) then fast mode can again be selected by DLM.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »

Unless I'm mistaken, upstream G.INP dosn't exist on ANY cabinets BECAUSE ECI cabinets won't accept it. Hence BT restricted it / stopped it, changed G.INP from MK1 to MK2 without G.INP on the upstream.  There are NO lines that have G.INP on the upstream - if you find one - Tell Kitz!!!!

G.INP on downstream still exists but ECI cabinets have an issue with it.  Huawei cabinets are not effected on the downstream.  As mentioned above, if they fix G.INP on ECI cabinets then they can re-enable G.INP on ALL cabinets.

I thank you for your time.

Enjoy.
lolwut
It's not possible on ECI, but it very much is used on Huawei cabinets. It's always on by default on the downstream, and it's turned on on the upstream when the upstream error count is high. That's what  the so called G.INP MK2 is. Very easy to see this on MDWS  if you look at https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/HG612-MultUsersLivei.htm , list by DSLAM, every green Huawei with INP not 0 has upstream G.INP on right now.
There's 6 with it enabled as I type, though 1 appears to not be in the UK where it's probably on by default.
edit: too slow, just up from night shift

--
Admin - Edited quoted post
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:05:41 PM by kitz »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

AngelRex

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 01:57:38 PM »

Noted. Many thanks.  I read the btopenreach interview that they stopped it. I did have it enabled which helped my line, mk2 it won't go on.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »

>> I read the btopenreach interview that they stopped it.

No, they just disabled it from being permanently on.  Read the bit in red I quoted from the interview.

G.INP Mk 1 had upstream g.inp enabled by default.
G.INP Mk 2 is upstream FAST by default.

The issue with G.INP Mk 1 was that there was a lot of modems which weren't capable of performing upstream G.INP.. so enabling it by default caused them problems.

The 2016 ECI roll out saw different issues, but those only affect ECI cabs, so atm G.INP is disabled in both directions for ECI cabs.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

AngelRex

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »

>> I read the btopenreach interview that they stopped it.

No, they just disabled it from being permanently on.  Read the bit in red I quoted from the interview.

G.INP Mk 1 had upstream g.inp enabled by default.
G.INP Mk 2 is upstream FAST by default.

The issue with G.INP Mk 1 was that there was a lot of modems which weren't capable of performing upstream G.INP.. so enabling it by default caused them problems.

The 2016 ECI roll out saw different issues, but those only affect ECI cabs, so atm G.INP is disabled in both directions for ECI cabs.

Again appreciated, many thanks.  Not to big to note I'm wrong and apologies for any offence :-)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 10:27:04 AM »

:)
-----
Pages: 1 [2]