Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sonic Interview - Californian ISP  (Read 1406 times)

phi2008

• Reg Member
Sonic Interview - Californian ISP
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:31:45 AM »

I think many of you will enjoy this interview with Dane Jasper, CEO of Sonic, a Californian ISP. He talks about Sonic, the issues of running an ISP, and interestingly their fibre building programme - they build fibre into a neighbourhood, then offer 1Gb/100Mb with free phone calls for the outrageous sum of $40/month. Jasper also has a penchant for providing decent customer service, so I'm not sure why he thinks he should be running an ISP.  ;)

Dane Jasper co-founded Sonic, an Internet and telecommunications company, in 1994, at a time when many people hadn’t yet heard the terms Internet, email address, or World Wide Web. Today, Sonic is the largest independent Internet service provider in Northern California.

[youtube]eiDOwGRsfbM[/youtube]

Best watched at higher quality directly on YouTube or download high(er)-def video from this site(click the "Download Options" button to get a list of various quality video files to download) - https://www.twit.tv/shows/triangulation/episodes/263?autostart=false

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:34:17 AM by phi2008 »

willieaames

• Just arrived
Re: Sonic Interview - Californian ISP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:14:05 PM »

Are there any plans to expand to the Los Angeles area? I would love to get rid of Time Warner and AT&T.

anything