Computers & Hardware > Apple Related

iOS 10 - anyone tried it?

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
Has anyone tried the betas of iOS 10? What's it like?

NEXUS2345:
I am on Dev Beta 8 (got the certificate when someone posted it) and it is pretty stable at the moment. I wouldn't call it revolutionary, but it makes some improvements in my opinion.

I hate the lock screen though, still prefer the Android one, even more so now that Nougat (7.0) has been released!  ;D

Weaver:
Have just upgraded all iOS boxes to iOS 10 this morning. Noticed a few UI things changed. My iPad 5 seems a little bit snappier somehow.

Is there anything important that has changed?

Does anyone know about the actual OS improvements, as opposed to bundled apps, UI and look-and-feel?

psychopomp1:

--- Quote from: Weaver on September 14, 2016, 11:42:17 AM ---Does anyone know about the actual OS improvements, as opposed to bundled apps, UI and look-and-feel?

--- End quote ---

I've noticed a slight battery life improvement on my iphone 6 & iphone SE both running iOS 10. Battery life on the iphone SE was phenomenal anyway but now get an extra half day or so.

Weaver:
I'm suffering, I think, from lack of RAM on my iPad 5 with iOS 10 now. I've noticed that voice dictation doesn't work anymore if I have several apps running and try to use it in Safari. If I reboot the machine then I can get it to work. This isn't a very scientific test.

Mrs Weaver has an iPad 6 which I think has 2 GB. Whereas my iPad 5 only has 1 GB. Her machine feels a lot smoother than mine at times, and she has had no complaints about iOS 10.

Since I ‘upgraded’ to iOS 10, which I regret as a hasty move, my machine seems to stick at times, typing into a multi line edit box in Safari is sometimes slow or even becomes unresponsive for several seconds at a time. I did read some early reviews but it seems they were overly rosy and not sufficiently thorough.

I'd quite like an iPad Pro larger screen version which has 4 GB, I think, but I'm too mean to pay the current silly prices, so I'm going to wait and see what the next model looks like first, before I decide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version