Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Free Giveaway of the Day Software  (Read 158207 times)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: Free Giveaway of the Day Software
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2008, 09:56:10 AM »

Damn, missed that one - typical - one that actually looked really worthwhile from the description too :(

Teach me to stay up too late after working Friday night, then sleep all day Saturday and get up just in time to get myself ready for another gig Saturday night!! Rock n Roll ;)

I've always got a niggle in the back of my mind with software from there - I'm not sure if I want to become too reliant on the apps I get from there, because when I end up reformatting my PC at some point, I won't be able to reinstall that software again.

Or maybe that's just sour grapes because I keep missing the decent apps! Please continue to point any good ones out to us Floydy - I keep forgetting about the site and only look when prompted by a post from you in here!!
Chris

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2008, 10:37:49 AM »

That's the point of this thread Chris... I am in the habit of checking GAOTD every day, and hopefully point out the goodies for you all. :)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »

That's the point of this thread Chris... I am in the habit of checking GAOTD every day, and hopefully point out the goodies for you all. :)

I know, but I was just reminding you that it was appreciated ;)
Chris

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »

>> Damn, missed that one - typical - one that actually looked really worthwhile from the description too

You have a pressie, that hopefully should work ;)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »

Another (similar) one for you geeky types today:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/gridinsoft-notepad-33/

Text editor is considered to be the basic instrument for every software developer. Convenient location of panels, menu, and vast tools for working with text, as well as the possibilities of flexible integration with compilers - everything is of great importance. The balance of possibilities, easiness of perception and usability are usually given considerable prominence to.

Do you really need an editor with 100 menu entries and which takes 2 minutes to download? The answer is evident – no! That is why GridinSoft has developed a completely unique editor: you can appreciate its convenience and load performance from the very first minutes of working with it. Template patterns, folding, integration with SVN, the possibilities of flexible functionality extension at the expense of the script language based on popular JavaScript!

The list of features is not exhaustive – it will take much time to enlist, but in the process of working with GridinSoft Notepad you will open up more and more ways of enhancing your productive capacity! What about a built-in syntactic calculator of expressions, spelling check, or a web-analyzer which can check compliance of your code to a variety of standards of the HTML syntax?

We believe that our editor is worth trying out! Being a team of software developers, we use the GridinSoft Notepad on a permanent basis ourselves. That is why we can easily recommend it to you as well!

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2008, 10:52:44 AM »

Wondershare Photo Story Gold is a creative tool to turn your photos into stunning story movie with animated styles and background music.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Worth a look as Wondershare is pretty good software.

dave

scottiesmum

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2008, 10:39:02 AM »

I don't know if anyone is interested in this   ...  but it has a lot of positive comments  ...    I have installed it, and I must admit that  whilst I haven't really understood what goes on 'inside' my machine before,this does shed some light for me  ...     :)

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/anvir-task-manager-520/

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

Niiice..

Thanks kate :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »

One for the security fanatics to try out today: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/a-squared-anti-malware-35/

a-squared Anti-Malware keeps your computer free from Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Keyloggers, Rootkits, Dialers and other malicious programs. There are many anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-dialer software products but only a few of them can claim to provide effective protection from all types of Malware. The main reason for this is the eternal cat and mouse game played for decades between Malware programmers and the security industry.

Normal security software is limited by the fact that it can only recognize Malware for which the manufacturer has already created a signature - assuming that the manufacture even has a copy of the Malware available for analysis.

Emsi Software has now turned the tables and no longer trails behind the Malware authors. a-squared Anti-Malware does not identify damaging software purely on the basis of signatures, but also looks at how it behaves. This means that you will be protected from the hundreds of new Trojans, Worms, Dialers, Rootkits and Spyware that appear every day.

NB: This download includes full technical support and updates for 1 year.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2008, 12:52:40 PM »

Star Burn v 10

StarBurn is a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media. StarBurn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Dual layer DVD-R & DVD+R, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware.

StarBurn is easy to learn and to use. In addition to advanced DVD authoring and mastering features StarBurn offers a number of step-by-step wizards for novice users.

$495 but free for today

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/star-10-burn-2/

dave

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »

I did see that one Dave :)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »

This might be one to try for the movie hoarders out there:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/all-my-movies-49/

All My Movies is a personal movie database and intended for those who are tired of managing their movie collection manually or using difficult-to-use software programs. It is an easy-to-use DVD catalog program. You can use it to catalogue your personal collection of DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, etc… You do not need to type all movie details, All My Movies will download all the details from the internet movie database automatically!
Main features:

* Easy movie details import from the different internet movie databases on different languages. Additional internet movie databases are supported with the plugins for All My Movies
    * Extended cast details. Automatic lookup for actor photos, birthdays, filmography and biography.
    * TV Series support. Auto filling episode title and descriptions.
    * Ability to add DVDs using UPC/EAN barcodes. Just enter (or scan with a special scanner) barcode numbers and All My Movies downloads all the rest of the information automatically. Cheap CueCat barcode scanners are fully supported.
    * Large cover image and movie posters import from internet databases like Amazon.com and DVDEmpire.com
    * Ability to save your collection to mobile devices like PDA or smartphone
    * Supports DACAL DC-300 CD Library II device
    * Ability to play movies directly from the program. Can be used as video playlister
    * Third party plug-ins supported. There are plugins for movie details import from Ant Movie Catalog and MovieTrack software
    * Import DVD catalog from other formats (CSV text format, MS Excel files, AMC files). Easy migrating
    * Clear overview of your video inventory with nice collection statistics
    * Skinnable user interface. You can use standard Windows XP themes as skins
    * Capture stills directly from DVDs or AVI files and add them to the movie database to help you remember the movie.
    * Fast movie search using any of the database fields - title, director, year, actors, genre, description, etc
    * Export your video collection to HTML (several templates are available or you can create your own), plain text or Microsoft Excel format, so you can place it on your home web page or import into some other software
    * Password protect your movie database
    * An easy way to share your movie database with friends. Impress them!
    * MediaInfo.DLL support for reading technical details from video files
    * Easy to use loan manager

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2008, 09:27:40 AM »

May be of interest to the 'workers' amongst you:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/edraw-max/
dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2008, 05:02:12 PM »

oooh very nice.  Thanks for pointing that out Dave.
Ive just installed it and had a look and I'm impressed.

Anyone knows anyone in high school or further education - grab it.   
Its very difficult to get hold of software like that which will generate flow charts and system analysis stuff that doesnt cost a few hundred pounds.
I know when I was in college it was an absolute must and I had to resort to an old version of Visio that someone gave me.
This looks so much more user interface friendly and is ideal for anyone doing projects etc.

:thumbs:
-----

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »

A free JPG Editor today: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/betterjpeg/

BetterJPEG is a JPEG photo editor specifically designed to avoid recompression loss when editing photos. BetterJPEG takes advantage of the fact that JPEG images consist of a number of small independent blocks and does not recompress blocks that don’t have to be changed, retaining original quality and sampling settings.

The list of lossless JPEG editing supported includes rotation, crop, brightness and color adjustment, date/EXIF info/text insertion, red eye removal, conversion to grayscale, and more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12