Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Free Giveaway of the Day Software  (Read 157766 times)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Free Giveaway of the Day Software
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »

Kitz, I somehow thought that might be up your alley (as they say).
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2008, 05:25:30 PM »

Sorry I'm a bit late with today's offering - GAOTD was down earlier... again this is one for the geeky types to tinker with.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/coding-ftp/

CodingFTP does is very simple: Help you to perform FTP operations automatically and flexibly. Drag & drop is a useful function, but it’s really tedious if you need to do this hundreds of times a day. With Coding FTP, you can easily repeat all the operations you want, e.g. upload/download files, change file dates, change file permissions, delete file/folders, etc. And you can easily do all this by creating a simple script. Then, all you need to do is a simple button click.

Maybe you don’t want to click a button? No problem! You can use any scheduler, e.g. Windows Task Scheduler, to automate the script. Now, you can focus on your work and let Coding FTP upload/download/delete files for you automatically.

Besides, Coding FTP also has an easy and powerful script languages, you can easily control the script to do what you wanted.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »

ooh thanks floydy - Although I haven't had chance to look at it properly yet (going out in a mo)  Ive downloaded it because Im sure it would be ideal for some of the site stuff- looks interesting :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

setecio

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »

I think I found a way of making the installer run if the date isn't today.

Have you ? ....does it involve installing it in a Delorean @ 88mph

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Giveaway of the Day - Premium Booster 2.8
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »

Giveaway of the Day - Premium Booster 2.8 (4.2MB)
08:00 03.05.2008,

Premium Booster is a powerful optimization toolkit with a set of unique features.
It will scan your PC for problems and repair found issues which may be hindering your Windows performance.

Premium Booster will cure your Windows by detecting errors causing misfunctioning of your programs and eliminating them. In just few mouse clicks you will get a rejuvinated Windows as the program will quickly repair all found issues and optimize your system settings.

The program is easy to use and doesn’t require any specific skills to achieve good results.
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/premium-booster-28/

Comments: (Some good ones) & (Some bad ones)
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/premium-booster-28/#comments

Edit:
One word of warning and that is if you hit the "Web update" button it then downloads and installs a newer version, so even if you carefully copied the licence key (for future use) it does not recognise that license key in the newer version and reverts back to a 21 day trial program with limited capabilities.

Well I just tried it and it doesn't seem to of had any detrimental effects on my PC.
I also activated "well just about everything" BB/ADSL booster etc, (actually there is quite a lot of possible quick-fix items)

It did a good job with cleaning and defraging the registry, as I recognised quite a few items that I know related to files that I had previously removed.

But obviously only time will tell.

Edit
Uninstalled the now new 21 day trial version and re-installed from the original DL without any problems.
Although this time I have also not selected the auto-update feature, just in case.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:12:28 PM by oldfogy »

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Free Giveaway of the Day Software:- Ultimate Unit Converter
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

Free Giveaway of the Day Software:- Ultimate Unit Converter ( 2.03 MB )

The Ultimate Unit Converter - convert lbs to kg, celcius to farenheit, deg to rad, mb to gb, kilometers to miles, gallons to litres, watts to btu, days to months, barrels to bushels, mole to kilomole, metric conversion, imperial conversion, plus much more! This unit conversion makes it easy to convert anything to pretty much anything else!

Convert imperial units, metric units, miles to kilometers, plus much more! A great resource for weights, measures, calculators, conversions, metrics, regular geometry for school or the work place, engineering applications, mathematical applications plus much much more! Using this software, you can easily convert between the following units:

Convert between acceleration units (i.e., cm/s, free fall,miles/hour, etc)
Convert between angular units (degrees, radians, revolutions, seconds, sextants)
Convert areas (i.e., square kilometers/miles/yards/etc)
Figure out different computer units/space/storage requirements (i.e., bits/bytes/mb/gb/CD’s)
Convert between different bases (powers of 2, regular base, hex and octal)
Figure out density of different objects (kg/m, lbs/inch, etc)
Figure out energy units (kW, joules, calories, etc)
Fuel consumption (i.e., km/liter, km/gallon)
Figure out distances, Canadian distances, US distances, UK distances and more!
Many other unit conversions are also available such as between power, time conversion, pressure conversion, velocity, volume, weights, and concentrations!

Download from:-
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ultimate-unit-converter/

Comments:-
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ultimate-unit-converter/#comments
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:33:28 PM by oldfogy »

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 09:13:27 AM »

Today's offering of Multiset 5.6 looks very useful.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/multiset-56/

Want to create a WindowsXP installation disk that will automatically install the OS Windows without asking questions about username, product key, time and locale settings? At the same time your favorite applications are automatically installed, the necessary keys are entered into the registry, drivers are updated, new patches (service packs) from Microsoft are installed. It’s possible and you can do it easily with Almeza MultiSet!

Almeza MultiSet will automatically install all the applications you require, either onto your original computer or onto a new one. It’s an ideal solution for rebuilding your systems quickly!

Besides, Almeza MultiSet can create bootable CDs/DVDs. Such disks can be used as a rescue means after a system crash. To completely restore the system, you will only have to insert such a disk into the CD/DVD drive.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »

Today's giveaway looks very useful for the photographers amongst us, and so far it's rated very highly:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/image-mender/

Image Mender - the program allows you to remove any lines or blemishes on your images and it also helps you to remove larger marks, logos or any other undesirable elements. Image Mender is easy to use.

The clear and user-friendly interface of the program enables you to work. You just need to highlight the part of the image you would like to correct, and then Image Mender will do the rest. After editing, you can save it in the desired format.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

Certainly sounds like it could be a useful app,

and so far it's rated very highly:

But, take a look at comment number 79.
It appears (if true) that comments may be being removed if they don't fall into the correct ethos of what they want us to read.

"Just of to install it now and give it a try" (I'll be back)

edit
Installed and ran okay.
I chose to blend/fill in the centre part of a CD cover, the results were pretty good but a bit slow, so a lot of patience is needed.
The second attempt was just to remove a "small" amount of text from a DVD cover, this did it in the blink of an eye.

So, I think I will keep it, although how often it will get used is obviously too early to say, but well worth trying for yourself.

Tip:
There is NO obvious way to revert/undo any changes, but by closing just the picture with the small black X (underneath the main red X) this will in effect create a undo last action.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:04:33 PM by oldfogy »

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »

Today's offer of Button Shop 3 looks like something fun to try if you've got nothing better to do.

Presentation is everything, enhance your website with elegant buttons created with Button Shop! Easily create Vista and XP themed buttons, Mac and Aqua style buttons, colorful and shining web buttons, mirror reflection buttons, animated buttons and more! Choose between over 200 professional button designs, or make your own button design. You can fully customize the buttons by adding cool effects such as pulse animated button, gradient color, shadow

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/button-shop-3/

scottiesmum

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »

I'll put it my button box Floydy  ....  cheers !!  :)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

Another one today for fiddling about with when you've got nothing better to do.

ArtStudio will help you to animate your photos or any other images and make beatifull screensavers. Any real-world photo can be brought to live with animated water or clouds, any weather can be drawn with rain and snow filters, any time of day can be applied with day/night changing filter.

ArtStudio uses hardware acceleration for filters rendering, that gives amazing perfomace boost.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/artstudio/

scottiesmum

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »

I  downloaded this one early this morning, but   I got a message that my system does not support pixel shaders.   :(

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2008, 11:27:34 AM »

Kate that error message would suggest that you need to upgrade your graphics card to one that has the pixel shader stuff - I think that most modern ones too... not that I'm suggesting you're old fashioned, you understand.

scottiesmum

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

Upgrade  my graphics card   :swoon:    does that mean messing with the innards  !! :lol:     I'll have to have a word with "my computer lady"   .....  I quaite laike being old fashioned  :D  I take it I can keep the programme installed and once I have these "shady pixels" it will work ??    :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12