Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Free Giveaway of the Day Software  (Read 158176 times)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Free Giveaway of the Day Software
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2008, 07:02:12 PM »

I am still monitoring GAOTD every day for you all, but there's not been much to shout about lately.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2008, 07:11:45 PM »

I am still monitoring GAOTD every day for you all, but there's not been much to shout about lately.
Mike,
Keep up the good work.
I have it bookmarked but occasionally forget to have a look until I spot your post. As you say, not a lot lately that was of any use to me but everyone's needs are different.
I had Aqua Pearls that the Manager spent hours on but the computer that it was on went kaput. I salvaged the hard drive but if I install it as a slave on this PC I understand that the programs will not work. Must get round to trying it and see, but I need to get a converter from IDE to SATA.

Thanks again Floydy.
dave

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »

On the main GAOTD site there's another one of those 'why would I need one of those' type programs - a font manager, but today's freebie game looks like it might be fun to try if you're into that sort of thing:

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/gunsnjets-gold/

Jets’n'Guns GOLD is a heavy piece of ground shaking rock blasting action with graphics and special effects that will blow you eyes out!

Enjoy yourself in almost-insane action adventure of saving the universe from the deadly threat of more than 270 unique monsters in the campaign of 43 levels.

Stand as one-against-many armed with tons of different weapons of a devastating armament fitted into one of the awesome spaceships.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2008, 09:57:48 AM »

Advanced Audio Recorder is today's useful looking offering:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/advanced-audio-recorder/

Advanced Audio Recorder can record any sound passing through any line of your sound card. For example, you can record sound being played back by an external program, sound from a microphone, an external LP, cassette, CD/DVD player, AM/FM/Satellite radio, etc.

Advanced Audio Recorder is an ideal solution for audio recording, editing and mastering. The program contains everything you need to create great sounding recordings and audio CDs, including professional tools for recording, analysis and editing. The user interface was designed with speed, accuracy and ease of use in mind.

scottiesmum

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2008, 01:17:37 PM »

I downloaded this programme and have just recorded the latest I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue  from the Listen Again facility on BBC  ...  it's recorded as clear as a bell  .....it was only an experiment, but now I'm sure I'll find this useful ... :)

(Edit)  ....I've now been able to transfer the MP3 file onto a CD-RW (via Nero) and can now listen to  the CD on the DVD player .....  I'm quite pleased  ..as well as surprised !!!! :lol:   ...I have one question (to start with !)  on the CD-RW it says  700 MB  80 Mins .....  the recording I've transferred to it is 26.2 MB and 28 minutes long   ...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  am I going to be able to put 700 MB's on it ie.... roughly 30 of the same size tracks   OR  80 mins, ie roughly 3 same length tracks  ... ?   I've even confused myself  there :'(      I hope someone does know what I mean and can help ...thank you  (sorry if I've hi jacked this thread....  BUT the free GOTD is worth a look at !!)  :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:15:57 PM by scottiesmum »

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »

Ah yes, the next repeat episode is on R4 tonite at 6.30.

jazz

• Reg Member
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

Thanks for passing this on to us Floydoid.  It looks quite useful.  I've downloaded it and will try it out on one or two things over the next few days.

@scottiesmum - I assume the minmal MB usage on your recording is because of the compression of the audio (ie you haven't got the full range and richness of the sound so it doesn't use up as much space - MP3 reduces the sound quality quite considerably but you just don't notice it on "beat-type" music).  The CD capacity is measure in MB not in time - time is there only as a guide (like saying a photo is about 1MB but it actually depends on the photo content and the megapixels the camera uses).  You should therefore be able to get quite a lot on a CD by the sound of it!

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2008, 04:56:52 PM »

Kate, the 80 mins thing is only relevant when talking about regular (uncompressed) audio CD's - not when storing compressed audio formats such as MP3.

At about 1 MB per minute of music for mp3, a single CD can hold about 700 minutes (or just over 11 hrs) of music in MP3 format.

scottiesmum

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2008, 06:40:49 PM »

Now I may be having a brunette moment here  ....  but does the same time ratio apply to the spoken word  ::) ::) ::)   (don't laugh)   .... :blush: :blush: I have a feeling this us one of those questions that will go into the annals of 'stupid questions'   ;D

Many thanks to you Floydy and Jazz  for the replies.     

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2008, 07:00:51 PM »

the recording I've transferred to it is 26.2 MB and 28 minutes long 

Kate you've answered your own question there.

scottiesmum

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »

Of course I have     :-X :-\ :-X    :lol:     ::)   thanks  .....

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »

1. .... but does the same time ratio apply to the spoken word

2. ... I have a feeling this us one of those questions that will go into the annals of 'stupid questions' 

1. If by the "spoken word" you mean, what you hear when it's being played then the answer is "no, not necessarily"
A "normal" Audio CD will hold 70/80 or 90 minutes of audio/music (depending on the size of disc being used) the actual size of the file/s (MB) is not taken into consideration and is therefore irrelevant.
This type of disc is burnt as a Audio Disc" that you would play in any standard/normal CD player.

However, a "Data Disc" is the opposite, and it's the total amount of MB's that is counted and not the length of the track/s.
Although a Data disc can be used to store MP3 files, a MP3 player or computer is needed to select and replay the files and not a ordinary CD player.
(All and any file that you see in the likes of My Computer/Explorer and copied directly to a CD or DVD are classed as "Data" files)

IE:
Audio Disc =  20 off 6MB MP3/Wav files of 4 minutes = 80 minutes
Data Disc = 175 off 6MB MP3/Wav files of 4 minutes = 696 MB (approx)
(Data files consist of any type of file including Word, Excel not just MP3/Wav files)

2. No more so than many other question that seem hard to grasp.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »

Today we have Recover Keys:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/keys-recover/

Recover Keys is a simple Windows application designed to safeguard your software activation keys in the event of a system or hard disk crash.

Losing your real keys can be an expensive, time consuming mistake, and losing activation keys isn’t any different. In many cases, it can mean purchasing entirely new versions of almost all of your software titles!

Protect yourself! Recover Keys quickly analyzes your system for over 500 different applications and instantly compiles a list of related activation keys. From there, you can save, backup, print, or export (HTML, TXT, CVS) the information as desired.

You can spend money to save time, or you can spend time to save money; Recover Keys can save your time AND your money!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »

Downloaded - thanks floydy

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »

One today for dave.m our resident quiz master: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/wondershare-quizcreator/

Wondershare QuizCreator is a robust Flash quizzing and testing tool that helps instructors easily create Flash-based quizzes and tests as online assessments to track and manage learning performance.

More than efficient edting, QuizCreator can integrate a variety of multimedia and interactivity to engage and interact with learners. Owing to the customized player templates, flexible publishing options and advanced results tracking and reporting kit, QuizCreator is ideal to create professional quizzes with little skills and efforts.

Key Features:

* Add various questions of 9 different types in a quiz;
    * Import graphics, audio and Flash animations into quizzes;
    * Customize quiz player templates in multiple aspects;
    * Publish as SCORM compliant package for LMS (Learning Management System);
    * Track test resluts and view online reporting with QMS.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12