Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2WIRE 2700HGV after Huawei HG612 3B won't connect  (Read 7886 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: 2WIRE 2700HGV after Huawei HG612 3B won't connect
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »

Nothing, because it's a different command to enable/disable G.INP.

To re-enable PhyR, the commands are:

enable on DS, disable on US:
xdslcmd configure --phyReXmt 0x1

disable on DS, enable on US:
xdslcmd configure --phyReXmt 0x2

enable on DS and US:
xdslcmd configure --phyReXmt 0x3

I am totally guessing about why PhyR is enabled on your line, but one possibility is that it's been switched on (or not switched off) accidentally. If BT were trialling anything, I would have expected them to be trialling G.INP on ADSL2+. I think a line profile specifies a minimum INP level, and a maximum delay, and then it's up to the DSLAM and modem to work out the exact framing parameters, which could result in an INP level higher than the minimum, and possibly a delay less than the maximum. And so the DSLAM may have decided that using retransmission is the best way to, in this case, massively exceed the minimum INP specified, while minimizing the delay.

A DLM reset to fast path (interleaving off) might get rid of it and allow the 2WIRE to connect.

Mick

• Reg Member
Re: 2WIRE 2700HGV after Huawei HG612 3B won't connect
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 06:23:02 PM »

I'm holding my breath to see what the current set up may afford me in terms of stable sync speeds.  The 2WIRE was pretty stable, but usually at weekends it would resync typically at lunch time and then tea time.  I'm guessing that some neighbour's kitchen hob, oven, or extractor fan is causing this problem and they only turn it on during those times, but I don't know really.  The noise on the line at all other times is low and the errors even lower.

When I connected the DG834v2 it was able to connect, but it was ridiculously unstable.  Since the 2WIRE would not sync under any circumstances, on Monday evening I gave up on the DG834v2 and its DG-Team firmware and replaced it with the HG612.  I left PhyR on and so far it has only resync'ed once on Tue at 17:23.  Thankfully, it resync'ed at a respectable 11.4Mbps.  Unlike the 2WIRE the HG216 would initially sync at a marginally higher rate, but after a few resyncs it would drop lower.  We'll see what happens in the future.  If it stays at this level I will not bother with the 2WIRE again.

Thank you for your advice and guidance.   :)
Regards,
Mick
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything