Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vodafone Broadband ISP  (Read 10559 times)

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
Re: Vodafone Broadband ISP
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 10:34:49 AM »

@rustybob
TBH, no ISP is immune from exchange or network congestion and adding in more capacity isn't as simple as flicking a switch which can be done overnight. It can take many weeks/months for an ISP to add more backhaul capacity, however there are some ISPs which are pro-active and increase capacity in advance such as AAISP and TalkTalk Business.

I'm with the latter (direct TTB customer) and even though i signed up to an eye watering 24 month contract on their 80/20 vdsl service, they have made it very clear to me that if they cannot resolve any line/broadband fault within 28 days of first reporting it, I can leave them penalty-free d/t some Ofcom business broadband ruling.

TTB's network status page is very detailed, shows what network improvements they have planned:
https://managed.mytalktalkbusiness.co.uk/network-status/

Berk

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 12:26:39 PM »

So, just finished an online chat session with Vodafone...

Q1 - Can you use your own modem / route: Yes

Did you keep a copy of this chat?

I was looking at Vodafone when I found this thread. We weren't entirely comfortable because of the 18 month contract and the doubt over modem/router choice has only dented our confidence further.

I can't even initiate the chat myself. Since last Friday the contact us section, after clicking on the section for home phone and broadband, just shows "we're sorry, all our advisers are busy:wall:

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »

Did you keep a copy of this chat?

I was looking at Vodafone when I found this thread. We weren't entirely comfortable because of the 18 month contract and the doubt over modem/router choice has only dented our confidence further.

I can't even initiate the chat myself. Since last Friday the contact us section, after clicking on the section for home phone and broadband, just shows "we're sorry, all our advisers are busy:wall:

Why not call them and if the sales agent makes it clear that you can use your own router then ask for his/her full name in case they do a U turn.

Berk

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 04:51:22 PM »

I would get the sales agent name and get the confirmation at the time of ordering as well, but it would be nice to have the reassurance of something in writing or email.

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »

Fair do's  :fingers:

rustybob

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 06:56:01 PM »

Here you go...... there was more but I've had to delete content from 22:18 onwards as it had some personal info.

Hope it helps.

I can't even initiate the chat myself. Since last Friday the contact us section, after clicking on the section for home phone and broadband, just shows "we're sorry, all our advisers are busy"  :wall:

I had that problem too. Throughout the day that's all I got. Post 21.30 gets better but no guarantees!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:58:50 PM by rustybob »

Berk

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:42 PM »

Thanks rustybob :)

I finally got into chat myself and got a reply saying own router is fine. Hopefully management have relaxed their stance, I can understand why it's useful for the support to deal with standard kit and roll out firmware updates etc. but I don't see why plugging in the standard issue router should ever be a problem for anyone if a connection problem needs troubleshooting.

EDIT: for anyone else who may be looking to use chat on Vodafone, I think the contact us page is broken and just persistently shows as no advisers available. However the pop out that is half way up the right hand side of the browser windows will allow you to initiate a chat about broadband.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:10:56 PM by Berk »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything