Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vodafone Broadband ISP  (Read 10519 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Vodafone Broadband ISP
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »

Just checked on their Web site https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband but it comes up with this
None of our Vodafone Broadband bundles are available at your address right now. You may still be able to get 3G or 4G coverage online by using Mobile Wi-Fi or a data dongle.

Have even had Vodafone call us on the contract mobile a few weeks ago saying they could provide us with upto 38Mbps fibre.

Is Vodafone one of those LLU ISPs ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:26:33 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Vodafone Broadband ISP
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:18 PM »

I've just checked for my local exchange (EABSE) and Vodafone shows up under the "LLU operator presence" heading on the SamKnows site.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chris T

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:32:40 PM »

I think at the moment Vodafone are reselling Openreach connections, we are with Vodafone but according to SamKnows Vodafone isn't listed under LLU at our exchange.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:25:10 PM »

I think at the moment Vodafone are reselling Openreach connections, we are with Vodafone but according to SamKnows Vodafone isn't listed under LLU at our exchange.

That sounds like they are using BTw for your circuit and is your line rental with vodafone £0.00 sounds to good to be true well here is a list of ISP providers at my exchange  :o with samknows all red X's https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NIHB

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 11:26:51 PM »

£0 Line Rental :O

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:43:31 AM »

Vodafone bought out the C&W LLU network a couple of years ago but afaik dont appear to have done much with it.   Its quite patchy so they do also use BTw.

I've been bombarded with text messages, emails, phone calls and even snail mail about their £0 line rental for the past few weeks.  ???
Meant to make a post about it before but I forgot.    They appeared to have turned 'free broadband' on its head by charging full rate for DSL and discounting the line rental element.

Vodafone/CW arent at my local exchange and I have been offered the new deal (numerous times!).  They are at my head-end exchange though.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 12:54:55 AM »

What DLM profile do they use?

I can't find it for some reason and with the antics I pull I don't want to be on a stable profile.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 01:13:08 AM »

I dont know sorry :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »

None of our Vodafone Broadband bundles are available at your address right now. You may still be able to get 3G or 4G coverage online by using Mobile Wi-Fi or a data dongle.

Any address round here gets the same, I checked lines on three different exchanges.   Not sure if it's 20CN or the "non low cost areas" that they don't like.

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 05:52:56 PM »

It seems to be in my area KT19

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »

Appreciate other users checking out this ISP, for me any reduction in monthly payments is very welcome contract ends with EE in December and if I was able to order this package with Vodafone it would save me £20 per month.

To me it's looking like a LLU'd ISP for the larger exchanges same as Talktalk and SKy seriously it still puts my back up having to pay a premium for Broadband in this area with only BTw ISP's to choose from and we are talking about a few quid of a difference from BT to Plusnet.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 08:46:41 PM »

I'm switching one of my lines to it, will take awhile to switch as I'm going ADSL to FTTC to get rid of god awful banding.

Edit: I was broken somehow on their systems after they put my postcode in it came up as me having 0 lines, so I opted for TalkTalk a choice I may yet live to regret.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:27:53 PM by S.Stephenson »

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 08:48:47 AM »

Just purely looking at price when I did a quick survey a while ago I found the Post Office looked lowest price in our area.  They're the only ISP that I found, other than A&A and BT, who don't charge a premium either for 20CN or for Market (1, A or whatever it's called now).

Another cheap one is SSE which our next door neighbour is happy with, but it looks as if the offer is only available to SSE electricity customers now.  When I checked a couple of months ago they were offering at £8/pm plus £13.49 line rental, but now it just comes up as not available.

door_bell

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 09:37:39 AM »

Available here at ng5 (Nottingham)

Unlimited Fibre 38
Price:
£25 a month
+ £0 a month line rental, 18 Months agreement
+ £49 one-off fibre connection fee

or

Unlimited Fibre 76
Price:
£28 a month
+ £0 a month line rental, 18 Months agreement
+ £49 one-off fibre connection fee

So essentially £30.72 over an 18 months period. I'm with Plusnet for £24.49 a month on the 76/20 package for 18 months (without LRS), but it's good to know. I was getting free TV for the last couple of years too, but that trail ended sadly (but they did let us keep the TV boxes). I'd call that value  :lol:

DB

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:24 PM »

BTW had it confirmed today that they are majorly using their own backhaul (Ex Cable and Wireless LLU) which is why it may not be available at all exchanges.
Be aware that although your local exchange may not be LLU, your headend from the cab may have a presence.

Although various people have tried to be helpful and the query has risen up the ranks several times for the question on which DLM profile they are using, no-one seems to know. 
-----
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything