Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP support now open on Saturdays - 10:00 - 15:00  (Read 1728 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
AAISP support now open on Saturdays - 10:00 - 15:00
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »

See http://aa.net.uk/support.html

It's been open on Saturdays for a while now. It says not open on English bank holidays, not surprisingly, and not open around Xmas.

Could someone update the kitz database entry for the ISP?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: AAISP support now open on Saturdays - 10:00 - 15:00
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »

done :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:32:15 AM »

It's been open on Saturdays for a while now. It says not open on English bank holidays, not surprisingly, and not open around Xmas.

Hmm, not so sure about that.  I assume the word 'English' is intended to differentiate from bank holidays elsewhere in UK.  As a pedigree Scot, albeit one who is dedicated to the UK and totally opposed to independence, people keep asking me 'why do they want to leave'?

There are many possible answers but to me, this is typical of the motivations that might drive me towards independence...  an ISP who charges Scottish customers the same as English, yet expects Scottish customers to accept their holiday calendar is somehow less important..? That might well ruffle my feathers. >:(

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 12:40:33 AM »

As a long-term Scotland-resident (alien), AA do at least deliver cheap rate traffic charges based on Scottish bank holidays, rather than being based on the English dates.

RevK might even ask some staff if they would be happy to switch to Scottish date-pattern cover for all I know, if someone were to suggest the idea to him. I don't know, but RevK famously likes to "do things right". It's up to the staff really though.

I've said before that an AA-Scotland might be a fine idea.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 09:00:27 AM »

In fairness, I was maybe shooting from the hip a little, at least AA are acknowledging the difference, full points for that. :-[

In contrast, Zen tech support also specifies 'excluding bank holidays', with no indication as to which bank hols they mean.   Then again, it's only likely to be an issue for business users, for whom Zen do provide tech support on bank hols...

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 09:06:47 AM »

Outside official hours there's a reasonable chance of finding an AA staff member lurking on IRC ready to help. Which I think is very noble of them. I've noticed staff making themselves available at all kinds of times in the evening and they've been able to do all kinds if tests even though sometimes issues have to wait for the morning when BT Openreach wakes up.

So it's worth taking a look at IRC. There are often a few highly expert customers present too, who can be most helpful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:09:52 AM by Weaver »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:40 PM »

Outside official hours there's a reasonable chance of finding an AA staff member lurking on IRC ready to help. Which I think is very noble of them. I've noticed staff making themselves available at all kinds of times in the evening and they've been able to do all kinds if tests even though sometimes issues have to wait for the morning when BT Openreach wakes up.

So it's worth taking a look at IRC. There are often a few highly expert customers present too, who can be most helpful.

Totally agree,I have found someone will be there quickly if you have any 'out of hours' concerns.Best sip I have ever been with.A bit expensive but quality things in life come at a cost..Ask my OH... :-X  :D