Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP prices for 20CN users  (Read 1259 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
AAISP prices for 20CN users
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »

On Andrews & Arnold's website I don't see an option to calculate the units-based tariff charges for downloaded data differently for 20CN vs 21CN or TT-LLU users any more. It used to be that if you selected 20CN, it showed you a data tariff charge that gave you half as many GB download per charging "unit" during peak hours (0800 - 1800 Mon-Fri) compared with 21CN.

So have they now made 20CN the same? If so, then good news, it halves the peak daytime per-GB costs for users who are on the traditional units-based tariff. Although the tariff calculator page seems to make no mention of 20CN vs 21CN any more, elsewhere on the site it still suggests there's a cost difference, which I suppose could be just old text that hasn't been updated.

It's surprising though given the recent warnings about the costs of 20CN, see older thread at
    http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,17839.msg324300.html

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: AAISP prices for 20CN users
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »

I think its been like that for a little while.   I noticed they'd dropped it last time I updated the AAISP page which was about 2 months ago.

It's surprising though given the recent warnings about the costs of 20CN, see older thread at

I think there was a lot of confusion about that... or rather some ambiguous wording & prices that confused several of us. 
From memory RevK made a follow up post to his blog stating that things weren't as bad as he first thought and the pricing increases for 20CN had been given a reprieve.   It must have been soon after that that he changed the pricing structure.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything