Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yes, you can get a DLM reset if you're lucky  (Read 6742 times)

busby

Re: Yes, you can get a DLM reset if you're lucky
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »

It is what it is …… it has jack-sh1te to do with electricity  :lol:

It has jack-sh1te to do with electricity?? As far as I am aware, the signals coming down my line from the cab are electrical ones, hence why it's so crap  :P
Superfast BT fibre to ECI cabinet
Wet string from cabinet to Billion 8800NL

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2016, 06:44:48 PM »

Another example of the complete misuse of statistics. Averages are meaningless because you can't meaningfully add one user's speed to their neighbour's, and averaging implies adding all the values together.

Averaging would be appropriate if you were talking about bonded IP, or PPP multilink, or multihomedness and equal cost multipath routing, where total throughout means something.

A complete different measure is needed. I'll leave that to someone who knows the first thing about statistics, which I'm ashamed to say has always been a complete big gap in my modest mathematical knowledge. (Despite what it says in the title of my degree.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:47:21 PM by Weaver »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 06:53:26 PM »

ejs - I'd happily pay for FTTPoD if it was available and at a reasonable price, but I'm stuck with the horse and cart (no VM round here) that BT/Government call superfast  :D

We'd all pay for it if it was 'reasonable' …….. but what the hell is 'reasonable' ?? These are blanket statements that we all can  make.

There's another thread running on here that is a poll about what product would you choose if it were available …… the last time I looked I seem to recall folk were more than happy with what they have now on FTTC (The horse and cart as you prefer to address it). Unless you are a business user, or don't know the meaning of the term contraception and have 43 kids, you will never really benefit from FTTPoD. Unless you are willing to pay the extra bunce ………….. as mentioned before, most folk on this forums poll aren't prepared to do so …… as yet.

busby

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »

Unless you are a business user, or don't know the meaning of the term contraception and have 43 kids, you will never really benefit from FTTPoD. Unless you are willing to pay the extra bunce ………….. as mentioned before, most folk on this forums poll aren't prepared to do so …… as yet.

Well I can't get BT UHD for starters.

Regards contraception, I get the wife to hold the WiFi router between her knees. I get a much better signal with it there  :lol:
Superfast BT fibre to ECI cabinet
Wet string from cabinet to Billion 8800NL

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »

:lol:

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »