Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Billion Bipac 8900-AX 1600 Discussion  (Read 6804 times)

olwalh

Re: Billion Bipac 8900-AX 1600 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »

My 8900AX-1600 arrived earlier and is now up-and-running. No scratches on it (!) and WAN speeds are roughly the same as the old HG612.
I guess it may take a little while to settle down but after 1 hour of operation max downstream and SNR are slightly better while upstream sync/SNR slightly worse, but not significantly.

But as I said earlier, the primary reason to change was for gigabit ports and better wifi. And to confirm - it definitely has 5GHz wi-fi.

ps I'm "kempshott" on MyDSLWebStats to try and spot any differences.

Thanks for that, I have been looking at your MyDSLWebStats as i am still interested in the 8900AX-2400. I am not 100% sure what I am looking at do forgive me if this is normal, looking at the 5 day trend it would appear that there has been an increase in FEC counts with the CRC counts remaining roughly the same.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:43:08 AM by olwalh »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »

it would appear that there has been an increase in FEC counts with the CRC counts remaining roughly the same.

The increase of FEC errors may be down to bit swapping being turned off look at the stats

LaurieR

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »

My 8900AX-1600 arrived earlier and is now up-and-running. No scratches on it (!) and WAN speeds are roughly the same as the old HG612.
I guess it may take a little while to settle down but after 1 hour of operation max downstream and SNR are slightly better while upstream sync/SNR slightly worse, but not significantly.

But as I said earlier, the primary reason to change was for gigabit ports and better wifi. And to confirm - it definitely has 5GHz wi-fi.

ps I'm "kempshott" on MyDSLWebStats to try and spot any differences.

Thanks for that, I have been looking at your MyDSLWebStats as i am still interested in the 8900AX-2400. I am not 100% sure what I am looking at do forgive me if this is normal, looking at the 5 day trend it would appear that there has been an increase in FEC counts with the CRC counts remaining roughly the same.

My downstream FEC rate was steady at around a million, which didn't seem quite right in spite of reassuring comments here and elsewhere. Then in the wee hours of the 12th there was a resync which resulted in a small increase in upstream sync, and no FECs since.
Pages: 1 [2]