Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3DB profile after ECI DSLAM firmware upgrade!  (Read 5116 times)

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: 3DB profile after ECI DSLAM firmware upgrade!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 03:19:29 PM »

Increases in speed and lower SNR margin could just be because you synched back up before other people, so went higher, then the margin was pulled down by crosstalk as more came online.

Seems the simplest explanation.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »

^ I'd tend to agree.

Looking at MDWS is not the first time the line has sync'd at 3dB - there's a few occasions over the past year.
Also note there's a couple of spikes to 9dB. Indicating a differential of 3dB as to whether a cross-talker is on or off line. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »

Hadn't thought about that one... I've just changed so that if the line has had G.INP enabled in the past but it's currently disabled for whatever reason it now shows g instead of G against the user name.

excellent thanks :)

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »

Thanks for the relies :)

Nice to see that many are getting decent upload speed increases with this new firmware.

Now that I've taken a closer look I too can see that my line has indeed synced at 3DB once or twice previously, I just hadn't noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Hadn't thought about that one... I've just changed so that if the line has had G.INP enabled in the past but it's currently disabled for whatever reason it now shows g instead of G against the user name.

It was perfectly clear previously whether a line had G.INP active or not, a yellow box clearly says "G.INP Inactive", though I guess some people need additional help to spot this setting, so your change is probably for the best. Many thanks for continuing to develop such an excellent resource for us all to use :)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything