Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pokemon Go - You know you want to .....  (Read 7360 times)

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
Pokemon Go - You know you want to .....
« on: July 30, 2016, 07:09:40 AM »

Gotta catch 'em all
Haven't seen a thread on this  - I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE PLAYING, 'FESS UP.  I should start by saying I am a moderately responsible 50 year old man, not a 12 year old, just in case you were wondering.

I missed out o the whole Pokemon thing in the 90's as I was a bit too old, my 11 yo son really loves the whole franchise, so although he doesn't have a phone yet I loaded the game up on an old Samsung S4 and we tried it.  Some weird stuff happened :
  • Within 24 hours the whole family, wife included, were cruising around Hereford in the car scanning for Pokemon (apart from me who had to drive, grrr)
  • My son, who normally has to be forcibly removed from the virtual world started saying : "Can I go for a walk" and also "I need to get some extra kilometers in today"
  • I hate exercise, but a couple of times I have had to go for a little 'walk' when something interesting appeared nearby in PG :)

I work for long periods in North Africa, in Egypt, there are no gyms or Pokestops in the Eastern Desert but there are Pokemon here!  I have caught only 31 out of 132 Pokemon so far.  It's interesting there seem to be a lot of snake-type here - I wonder if the distribution of Pokemon is location sensitive (no idea!) Best catch so far is my CP282 Primeape :

Install it and have a go, there might be a Meowth right next to wherever you are now - its a good laugh!  :thumbs:

Chunks

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Pokemon Go - You know you want to .....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:02:49 AM »

To borrow from Mark Twain --- Pokomon Go is a good walk spoiled

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 06:05:28 PM »

To borrow from Mark Twain --- Pokomon Go is a good walk spoiled

Stuart
Naaaw, I can't be the only one ............... I'll get my coat

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »

Have and will be only trying this at home! Not that interested in it! To be honest, I prefer Geocaching! I've found 54 geocaches so far this week!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:33:38 PM by William Grimsley »

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 07:52:51 PM »

Have and will be only trying this at home! Not that interested in it! To be honest, I prefer Geocaching! I've found 54 geocaches so far this week!

We do geocaching as well, its kind of the same, but more interesting

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »

We do geocaching as well, its kind of the same, but more interesting
I must disagree with this! Geocaching is much more interesting! We often go geocaching and have done for quite a number of years. I've bumped in to quite a few fellow geocachers while approaching/leaving a cache and have become good friends with a few of them. I've recommended geocaching to a number of friends and family also.

Pokemon go on the other hand... I didn't get it when I was younger and I don't get it now. I took my 9 year old out last week and spent an hour doing it with him, after he'd asked me over and over. Then on our way home he said "Dad, can we go geocaching next time instead of pokemon hunting." Thank god for that!
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »

I love it! I didn't realise that we had users on the forum that were into geocaching! :)

anything