Chat > Games

Pokemon Go - You know you want to .....

(1/2) > >>

Chunkers:
Gotta catch 'em all
Haven't seen a thread on this  - I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE PLAYING, 'FESS UP.  I should start by saying I am a moderately responsible 50 year old man, not a 12 year old, just in case you were wondering.

I missed out o the whole Pokemon thing in the 90's as I was a bit too old, my 11 yo son really loves the whole franchise, so although he doesn't have a phone yet I loaded the game up on an old Samsung S4 and we tried it.  Some weird stuff happened :
[*]Within 24 hours the whole family, wife included, were cruising around Hereford in the car scanning for Pokemon (apart from me who had to drive, grrr)
[*]My son, who normally has to be forcibly removed from the virtual world started saying : "Can I go for a walk" and also "I need to get some extra kilometers in today"
[*]I hate exercise, but a couple of times I have had to go for a little 'walk' when something interesting appeared nearby in PG :)[/li]
[/list]

I work for long periods in North Africa, in Egypt, there are no gyms or Pokestops in the Eastern Desert but there are Pokemon here!  I have caught only 31 out of 132 Pokemon so far.  It's interesting there seem to be a lot of snake-type here - I wonder if the distribution of Pokemon is location sensitive (no idea!) Best catch so far is my CP282 Primeape :

Install it and have a go, there might be a Meowth right next to wherever you are now - its a good laugh!  :thumbs:

Chunks

broadstairs:
To borrow from Mark Twain --- Pokomon Go is a good walk spoiled

Stuart

Chunkers:

--- Quote from: broadstairs on July 30, 2016, 08:02:49 AM ---To borrow from Mark Twain --- Pokomon Go is a good walk spoiled

Stuart

--- End quote ---
Naaaw, I can't be the only one ............... I'll get my coat

William Grimsley:
Have and will be only trying this at home! Not that interested in it! To be honest, I prefer Geocaching! I've found 54 geocaches so far this week!

Chunkers:

--- Quote from: William Grimsley on July 30, 2016, 06:29:58 PM ---Have and will be only trying this at home! Not that interested in it! To be honest, I prefer Geocaching! I've found 54 geocaches so far this week!

--- End quote ---

We do geocaching as well, its kind of the same, but more interesting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version