Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yet another "Strange happenings on my line" thread.  (Read 7325 times)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
Re: Yet another "Strange happenings on my line" thread.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 11:42:11 PM »

So real errors, real CRCs and ESs.

However, they can't have happened because of hardware outside the DSLAM <=> CPE-Modem path. The checksums are created and checked in those devices, and not seen outside them.

Your end-end throughput might have suffered from both your CRC issue and from a backhaul issue, leading to a double-whammy effect if they existed simultaneously. But I don't see any other linkage.

At one point above, you describe the DLM profile as "appeared to have reverted back". Did you ever see a profile showing the current banding, followed the reverted one? Or did you just see the " perfect one" and assume it meant you had reverted?

Do you have any TBB BQM graphs from either period? Packet loss would be interesting to see.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »

(BT35812)

An interesting aside from there:
Loss of internet services for {12244} Broadband customers, {19} MEAS and {53} Ethernet Services

So number of Ethernet services is less than 1% of the number of WBC.

And there are 19 managed Ethernet connection for mobile sites.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 12:17:38 AM »

Did you ever see a profile showing the current banding, followed the reverted one? Or did you just see the " perfect one" and assume it meant you had reverted

I didn't I'm afraid.  It was a fluke really that I happened to see the profile on Friday, but that was because I privy to some information for something unrelated which is currently in beta test and I wouldnt have known otherwise.   I did a double blink when I saw it, but because it was unrelated I couldn't really follow it up via that particular channel.   All I know is that on Friday that was what was reported from a GEA test and that REIN was detected.

---

Because of todays loss of internet connectivity and before we knew about the MSO,  Plusnet ran a standard GEA test...  which again showed the same profile.  The guy on the phone this morning also thought it strange, but he was first line and suggested I raise a fault as a separate incident... which is what Ive done.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 12:20:44 AM »

An interesting aside from there:
So number of Ethernet services is less than 1% of the number of WBC.

And there are 19 managed Ethernet connection for mobile sites.

Thank you, I had seen MEAS and didnt know what it meant.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 07:04:13 AM »

A complete guess from my end would be that the DLM is working, but an error occurred on the logging side so the wrong profile is reported to staff who check the records for your line.

Meaning if I am right it will still fix itself after a period of stability.  If you lucky thats all that is wrong.

We did see the errors on MDWS so there is a reason for the DLM intervention, so I dont think its some kind of muddle up with another line.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 11:46:28 PM »

That's good Kitz the DLM has relented on your line and your back to fastpath at 7:30am  ;D

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »

Been meaning to check if my firmware got updated for awhile after seeing this and I finally got round to it.

It has been upgraded to 206 from 204 and i've no issues on my end with G.INP.
Pages: 1 [2]