Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Thank You Power Cut!  (Read 22099 times)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Re: Thank You Power Cut!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 05:02:26 PM »

It was clear to me, but I apologise.

Still no Downstream ES, but there have been 21924 Downsteam FEC's since the resync, so not worrying at all.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 05:18:45 PM »

OK if you say so.

-_-. kitz has commented on the SNR Margin and she said it was perfectly normal for it to act the way it always has been, I can't see anything wrong, but will let you know what happens this evening.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 07:13:11 PM »

Can only say when my downstream SNRm falls just below 4.5 dB it's hammer time the modem resyncs no extra errors before hand, some lines seem more sensitive to SNRm changes than others  it would be hard to put a ball-park figure on who's line will remain stable at lower levels of SNRm below 4.5 dB

You will gain more knowledge of your lines thresholds by just letting it do it's own thing and the DLM will intervene when it gets to a point and says that's it mate time to take control.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 07:17:24 PM »

Yeah, I'm not getting the issue you've experienced, I was concerned I would face it but haven't.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 08:18:35 PM »

Did a quick wee check on MDWS and out of 80 FTTC online user only 7 have an SNRm below 4.5dB and one user has it still running at 1.9dB with an up time of 3 day 13 hours.

I think we have all done it at sometime or another to gain back some sync from are disturber when the opportunity arises even though it meens a hit to our SNRM.

I am to wise to it these day and don't take the bait and just wait until the disturber resyncs there modem.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 08:20:28 PM »

Downstream FEC's rising but no ES yet, web page loaded slow a minute ago though...

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 08:37:56 PM »

Downstream FEC's rising but no ES yet, web page loaded slow a minute ago though...

It's a pity we can't see this happening in real time on MDWS  :(

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 08:57:50 PM »

Honestly, there's nothing to see. We've got through the evening with no Downstream ES, obviously my line is very good quality these days. :)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »

Honestly, there's nothing to see. We've got through the evening with no Downstream ES, obviously my line is very good quality these days. :)
are you uploading to MDWS?
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

mlmclaren

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 10:54:47 PM »

DLM won't intervene immediately, it will let it count up first... also consider that when my line was impacted by REIN that FEC's run up into the 100,000's I think even clocked up to a million in one sync... however I only ever saw 1-2 Errored Seconds per hour...

ES's only really clock up for lines without G.INP, like upstream when in Fast Path...

I high count like mine did cause some issues, specially with online gaming and Skype for a little bit,

The first thing DLM will do is increase the amount if G.INP applied, currently your's is on 8... mine went up to 16...

I think that's currently the max amount of G.INP applied by DLM.

What's your stats at the moment now its busy time?

EDIT: PS. Consider that my line also doesn't have SNRm swings like yours and other do... it's no unusual for some lines to have swings in SNRm, specially those at a distance from the cabinet.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:57:02 PM by mlmclaren »

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36:44 PM »

My line is perfectly stable.

To add to that, still no Downstream ES.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:54:14 AM by William Grimsley »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:18 PM »

The first thing DLM will do is increase the amount if G.INP applied, currently your's is on 8... mine went up to 16...

The only thing I can see in the stats posted that's 8 is the interleaving depth, but that's not really the amount of G.INP, the size of the retransmission queue is given elsewhere (not in the stats posted). The total amount of INP provided by the retransmission maybe can go a little higher than 47.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »

True, but I can't see any real difference in the line's state after the power cut...

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »

I see exactly the same effect with my Billion - we get quite a few power cuts hence the rather low noise margin specially on the upstream
Connection speed (kbps):   46350      11039
SNR margin (dB):              4.9          3.0
Jim
Plusnet

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »

Ahh, nice one! Yeah, the Billion BiPAC 8800NL's chipset has a very quick DSL sync time, a lot quicker than the BT Home Hub 5 hence the advantage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9