Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT OpenReach Feedback Not Getting Through !.  (Read 1353 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
BT OpenReach Feedback Not Getting Through !.
« on: July 12, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »

BT OpenReach Feedback Not Getting Through !.

I have updated my REIN post http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,17036.msg313492.html#msg313492

One thing you may notice in my case is the feedback from the BT OR REIN technician did not get back to my ISP.

My ISP KCOM Eclipse  gets it's feedback about a fault from a 'Chat' session with BT India updated once a week.
REIN Technician reports>?>ISP checks with>BT Wholesale who supply my product>BT India sends feedback via 'Chat' session  :'(

Mainly on my up dates my ISP told me that 'letters' had been sent out but they Never got any reply from the third party, after weeks of nothing to report coming back my ISP told me the case had been Closed by BT OR.
Who should turn up at my door the next day was the REIN technician, he told me he Had replies to the letters also he said the case had Not been closed and he had been sending in detailed reports each week that he had been doing checks.
Telling my ISP contact who is dealing with my REIN problem just did not know what to say about it as this has proved to him that the feedback to him is not reliable and wonders about all the other faults he deals with .
There must be a better reliable way of doing this. :(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: BT OpenReach Feedback Not Getting Through !.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »

In my experience of working on REIN faults, which is quite a bit now ...... I have never heard of this happening before.

When a REIN case is raised, if a re-visit is needed (which it often is) after the initial site visit ..... then I can promise you from the bottom of my heart, the REIN team are constantly pushed by the ISP for feedback. I admit to getting (How shall I put it ??), 'frustrated' that they want answers and they want them NOW !!!

I've learnt to deal with this by simply stating I will return in due course when time, work-stacks and the REIN patterns dictate.

Yours is certainly an anomaly, tickmike.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: BT OpenReach Feedback Not Getting Through !.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 12:22:13 AM »

Yes I can understand your frustration, Mine has been not knowing what was going on.
Do you have a system for feeding the reports back ?.
As Eclipse has a lot fewer connection than say Sky would I believe can talk directly to OR, where as Eclipse can not..
The REIN chap and my ISP contact say I am not your normal end user  ::) they have never come across someone who could explain and show them graphs and data about the problem.
I thank this forum for that. :)
The REIN chap has used the software that has been developed by forum members and has played about with unlocked modems etc.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.