Computers & Hardware > Networking

Comments Related to TP-LINK UK Recruiting Beta Testers

(1/4) > >>

ejs:
I'm surprised so many people would want to use a TP-Link router, even a free one.

loonylion:

--- Quote from: ejs on July 09, 2016, 03:30:17 PM ---I'm surprised so many people would want to use a TP-Link router, even a free one.

--- End quote ---

if nobody did they'd never improve.

ejs:
I don't really see that as a problem, other brands of router are available. I'm not even sure if I agree with your logic, if nobody bought them, they'd have to offer something better or lower the price, or give up and stop making them. If people buy them anyway despite their limitations, there's not a lot of incentive for TP-Link to make improvements after you've bought it.

TP-Link seem to say they'll do something in the future, then not bother to do it. They said they would fix "the kcodes security bug" for the 8970v1 firmware, yet apparently they couldn't be bothered to do it despite fixing it in very similar models. A while ago they said they'd add vectoring support to the 9980, I really don't think that's likely to happen.

gt94sss2:
Given the difficulties signing up to their forum I suspect that they are not going to have any UK beta testers any time soon.. - regardless of whether the kit is free or whether you get to keep it or not..

loonylion:

--- Quote from: ejs on July 09, 2016, 06:13:00 PM ---if nobody bought them they'd have to offer something better

--- End quote ---

And if nobody is willing to test them how are they going to achieve that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version