Announcements > News Articles

What Is She On?

(1/2) > >>

dave.m:
Sex offenders' e-mail addresses are to be passed to social networking sites like Facebook and Bebo to prevent them contacting children.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7328170.stm

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said she accepted such a scheme could never be "completely foolproof".

I'll have a pint of what she's been drinking.

She is going to lull parents and children into a false sense of being secure and protected.

Sex offenders should be rotting resting in a comfy cell with NO computer nor internet connections, and with their dangley bits resting in a specimen jar 200 miles from the owner.

That way you don't have to worry about email addys.
dave  >:(

oldfogy:
I read that also, but the impression I got was that the email addys would be going to the people responsible for running the sites to check against it's members.

dave.m:
Phil,
I got that idea too, but how easy is it to set up another email account/web mail account!  :no:
It is clutching at straws and almost a total waste of effort.
dave

guest:
What's the point of that? I can get as many domains as my wallet can cope with and given you can easily anonymise the ownership of .com domains I don't see how this can ever work.

It is nonsense spoken by fools who don't know or care what they're on about as long as it sounds good.

oldfogy:
Dave, Rizla.
Very true, not forgetting Hotmail and Gmail are totally free to set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version