Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Upcoming Utility Room Work - Will It Hamper Connection?  (Read 1023 times)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Upcoming Utility Room Work - Will It Hamper Connection?
« on: July 01, 2016, 02:42:50 PM »

In September we are planning to upgrade our utility room. The line from the junction box to the master socket runs next to this room. There's likely to be a lot of drilling and electrical work. Is there a possibility that our connection may become unstable during this?

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: Upcoming Utility Room Work - Will It Hamper Connection?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »

if you have electrical work going on why which if involves the fuse board being turned off why not just unplug the modem and leave it off whilst the work is being completed - that's what I did recently when we had power installed next to the master socket due to the nightmare location. We also had some major chopping/drilling out of brickwork right next to the master socket and modem,  again I disconnected the modem whilst this was going on - once completed I could not see any issues from the work. Due to the power disruptions I didn't want the modem rebooting several times in short bursts..

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Re: Upcoming Utility Room Work - Will It Hamper Connection?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »

Ok, thanks skyeci, for some reason I didn't think of that, but not sure whether my parents would be happy with no internet, I think we're going away for most of the time the work is being done, though.

anything