Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A dumb phone question  (Read 5812 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
A dumb phone question
« on: July 01, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »

No self deprecation is intended! :o My wife has still not upgraded to a smartphone, and seems in no hurry.
This morning she received a text that contained a web link, and although it would be easy to get the sender to resend as an email, I'm curious to know if there is any way to forward or transfer that message and link to either our computer or her IPad.

My feeling is that it is impossible. Am I right for once?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: A dumb phone question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »

I found this which might work:-

Instructions
    1    Turn your cell phone on and navigate to the main menu screen.
    2    Navigate to your "Messaging" or "Text Messaging" area and locate your "Inbox."
    3    Highlight the text message you want to forward. Press the "Options" key and select "Forward."
    4    An empty address bar will open. Type in the email address you want to forward the text message to. When the time comes to enter the "@" key, you may need to press the "Entry Mode" key on the phone and select "Symbols." From there, you can choose "@." If you have a keyboard on your phone, you can press "@" as you would on a computer keyboard ("shift + 2" on the phone).
    5    Press "OK" twice to save the email address and forward the text message.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »

Or alternatively forward it to a smart phone.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »

I was going to say the same as ronski, but am curious if what broadstairs said will work.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 05:39:22 PM »

I don't think Bstairs method worked (or perhaps I mucked up), but if it's like text with its low priority might it come later? Anyways, I've set up my phone to read the link; I've never needed bother before. Thanks all for helping an old man!

Link was quite nostalgic, a photo of the first group of pre A-Level students who went to Gambia from my children's Comp 25 years ago; the school has done that ever since.

I can't forget daughter returning wearing afro style braids and hair extensions, and in our car telling completely unfazed of a coup and shot up vehicles. :o

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 07:38:18 PM »

I had no idea if what I suggested might work but thought it worth a try. My wife has an old phone so I might try it on hers to see if I can get it working.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP