Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New NTE/Mk4 frontplate to be launched  (Read 18885 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: New NTE/Mk4 frontplate to be launched
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 04:37:30 PM »

There might not even be any changes regarding the filtering between the Mk3 and Mk4, the Mk4 could just be to fit onto the new master socket.

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 01:26:19 AM »

There might not even be any changes regarding the filtering between the Mk3 and Mk4, the Mk4 could just be to fit onto the new master socket.
Yes it may well be, I guess we will just have to wait and see, I am also wanting to upgrade as I think it looks less ugly on the wall than the old NTE5, the new curved designed looks a lot better in my opinion.
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »

I don't see the issue with installing master sockets yourself, as long as its a professional install. I have had two engineers out back when I had a line fault at the pole, and none of them commented on the master socket install, which by the way was moved to a completely different room from the original entry point. So as long as you know what you are doing you will be fine.

Also I am excitedly awaiting for the NTE5C and new (mk4) Filter to become on sale somewhere, I really want to see if there is much improvement in line stats.

As I understand it, for the absolute best line stats, your best off using no filter at all (though no landline can be in use then), as any filter will add resistance to the line. Though obviously if you know REIN is an issue on your line, the filter will improve the error rates.

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »

I hope it comes out in the next 2-3 months, I plan on moving the phone line right outside my room where it drops down :^)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »

> As I understand it, for the absolute best line stats, your best off using no filter at all (though no landline can be in use then), as any filter will add resistance to the line

This is how I have it on my three lines, just straight into the wall socket. I use front plates that have just an RJ-11/RJ-45 socket in them. Very handy. Available from the AAISP shop ("accessories"):
    http://aaisp.net/broadband-accessories.html

(BTW Don't have to be an Andrews and Arnold customer.)

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 05:49:36 PM »

New NTE5 (Home telephone socket)
Openreach are planning to start using the NTE5C and VDSL Mark 4 filter from June 2016 and have advised that there will be a national launch using 3000 engineers working on installation and repair activities. Openreach will continue to deploy the NTE5A and VDSL Mark 3 filter as it manages the run down and build-up of old and new stock versions. Openreach anticipate that NTE5C will be fully deployed by end of September 2016 when stocks of the existing NTE5A are exhausted.

From http://www.offta.org.uk/updates/otaupdate2016May.htm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything