Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fault handling .. A&A and Pulse 8  (Read 1562 times)

aesmith

• Kitizen
Fault handling .. A&A and Pulse 8
« on: June 21, 2016, 12:31:54 PM »

Hi,

My DSL is with Andrews and Arnold, but i couldn't give them our line without losing our inbound phone number, so Pulse 8 have that at the moment.   Now's my chance to see how a fault gets handled.  I'm away from home and in the office, and just after 10:30 I got a text from A&A reporting my line down.  A quick ping confirms it's not come back.  Onto Clueless.aa.net.uk to see what I can find out.  Sync Status check says not in sync.   Copper line test reports a fault "BT Test xDSL Copper Test:Fail Line test failed report fault to OR.fail Line test failed report fault to OR. T108:FAULT - Dis In Network"

Unfortunately that's as far as I can take it with A&A, so onto Pulse 8 and passed on my findings.   Also dropped them an email, and I've had a response back confirming the fault is being logged with Openreach.

We'll see how it goes from here.   At least A&A's systems enabled the fault to get picked up and logged fairly quickly. 

aesmith

• Kitizen
Re: Fault handling .. A&A and Pulse 8
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 01:03:13 PM »

Nothing heard back from Pulse 8, but DSL is back up (text from A&A).   Phone still rings out rather than going to answering machine.