Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLStats- how to take snapshots at specific time  (Read 1591 times)

frogfoot

DSLStats- how to take snapshots at specific time
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:34:03 PM »

Hi, I have DSLStats running on RPi 24x7, and would like to take snapshots every 24hr at a specific time (just before midnight).
The reason for this is mainly that the ES count graph only shows values from midnight (00:00) up  the snapshot time (currently 04:50 ish)

Is there a way to achieve this?  or should the ES count show the previous 24hr period regardless?

Tom

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLStats- how to take snapshots at specific time
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »

The ES/hour graph only shows the current day, so you're right - if you want a fully populated snapshop of that graph it would have to be taken just before midnight. The only way to achieve that at present is to start recording at the time you want the snapshots. Or you could start recording just before mid-day and take snapshots every 12 hours.

I'll have a look at the possibility of defining the snapshot time separately from the recording time.
  Eric

frogfoot

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »

Eric,
Thanks for that that would be very useful. 

I did as you suggested and stopped/restarted the recording at 11:59 last night, and most of the graphs reset and started logging afresh from 00:00. However the SNRM per band (up/and down) and the traffic log  retained their previous data and did not reset. I'm not sure if this is a problem, but is does seem inconsistent.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:13:59 AM »

I've added the option to define the start time from which snapshots are referenced. I hope to upload this version in the next day or so.
  Eric

anything