Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: .inp high?  (Read 1841 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
.inp high?
« on: June 21, 2016, 03:22:13 PM »

Is a .inp of 56 high?

It's just that I have got my SNR down to 3.6 due to 'strategic re-syncs' and its a lot higher than I've seen in before(usually 49/50 or 44 on the ECI modem)?

I haven't been doing multiple re-syncs a day just whenever i see an opportunity.

I like to see it as a shortcut to the 3db profile  ;D

I also definitely know my upstream is banded now....

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:26:52 PM by S.Stephenson »

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: .inp high?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:50:11 PM »

I believe so. If you login to MDWS and look at the all users chart sorted by INP - yours is the highest bar 1 non-UK user.

Have you considered the fact that by doing multiple re-syncs etc, you could fool DLM into thinking your line is much worse than it really is - in which case it may decide you're not eligible for the proper '3db' profile when that comes out and/or takes other action to 'fix' your line.

Edit: I think it's also 'risky' in that I believe your line is one of the few ECI ones which hasn't yet had g.inp removed. Personally, I wouldn't be giving DLM a  reason to intervene..
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:57:01 PM by gt94sss2 »

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »

Haven't done that many re-syncs maybe 3 when I swap modems.

DLM would want to see 20 retrains in a day to take much action, I have only done 1 today with the other at 4am being DLM finally taking off US interleave.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

This DS INP value used by G.INP seem to relate to how much RFI & Rein + shine there is on that circuit, higher values says to me that line needs more INP protection and my line only changes by INP 50-51 so there must quite a bit of RRS over 24 hours

and if your syncing higher than the line supports then that puts a strain on the SNRm and that may increase your INP value
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:48:05 PM by NewtronStar »