Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to obtain line stats with the ZyXEL-VMG8924-B10A on fibre connection  (Read 5922 times)

Dan-UK

• Just arrived

Hi all I am new to the site so I hope to get to know many people on here.

So my question is this, how do I obtain the line stats to my ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A router with a fibre connection. I have tried checking the system monitor but it only has dsl statistics and even when I look at those they are blank.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to read this.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen

There are several ways to get line stats.

1. From elsewhere on the Kitz site:

Code: [Select]
Go to http://192.168.1.1

Use: Default Username = admin. Password = 1234

From the menu at the bottom

> System Monitor
> xDSL Statistics

2. You could also telnet into the modem using the details above.

3. Use some software such as DSLstats or HG612 Modem Stats.

Depending on what you want to achieve method 1 or 3 is probably easier...

Dan-UK

• Just arrived

There are several ways to get line stats.

1. From elsewhere on the Kitz site:

Code: [Select]
Go to http://192.168.1.1

Use: Default Username = admin. Password = 1234

From the menu at the bottom

> System Monitor
> xDSL Statistics

2. You could also telnet into the modem using the details above.

3. Use some software such as DSLstats or HG612 Modem Stats.

Depending on what you want to achieve method 1 or 3 is probably easier...

I will try that thank you for the reply.

broadstairs

• Kitizen

If you have a computer running quite a lot perhaps even 24x7 the take a look at DSLStats at http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/, the author is one of the moderators here (username roseway) this is what I use for my ZyXEL. Running a stats program 24x7 on a router is useful in determining how the line performs and this is better than just looking at the stats occasionally which may not show up any issues IF they exist.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Dan-UK

• Just arrived

Thank you for the reply I will give that a try  :)

daveesh1

• Reg Member

running  the 8324  on version14 software, after approx. 24hr I get an email to say  stats has failed to upload, when I check DSL stats log it says unable to login to router. Got nothing else running that would telnet into the router ( I am aware of only one telnet session allowed) only way to start it again is to shutdown DSL stats and re start running 5.8 on a PI anybody any ideas

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

I notice you have the gaps in your uploads which I did see when I rang an 8924 but not the 8324. I think this has something to do with telnet lockout even though some users of the 8924 do not seem to have this issue.

Do you happen to have a pc you could try hg612 stats on. Mine is working on the 8324 with hg612 stats and maintains 100% upload on mydsl for the last 35 days.

I think its worth a go if you can try it on a pc/laptop just to check there is not some other problem.

Are you on 8924 or 8324?? - your uploads say 8924 but you mention 8324 on this post..

daveesh1

• Reg Member

Sorry yes is 8924. I will set it up on hg612 tomorrow night and run it for 24hr and see what happens. Is there a chance of getting a pi version of hg612 stats I wonder.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

Far as I know there is not at the moment. As I said I could not obtain 100% uploads on my 8924 regardless of what was tried by myself and with help from others. We did find hg612 stats would give a better result but around 1hr 47 mins from memory we would get about a 5 minute gap in uploads due to login time out.

Could not get to the bottom of it even though others running the 8924 clearly didnt have an issue hence why I now use the 8324 in bridge mode and my own router as this works fine and the 8324 doesnt seem to suffer from this issue.

Cheers

daveesh1

• Reg Member

It is a bit strange because dont seem to of missed any since around 21.30 last night. See what happens during the day

broadstairs

• Kitizen

This gap in stats does seem strange. I have never seen it on my 8924. Do any of you who see this have any other process accessing the router? We all know only one telnet session is available on these routers so perhaps there is a conflict. The other thing is which OS do you run DSLStats on, I currently use W7 (yes I know I'm a linux person but that's another story), could the OS be an issue? What if any firewall do you use and could it affect this in any way?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

I only had one pc gathering stats for the 8924. It runs window 10, worked fine on 8800nl and 8324. The log for hg612 clealy showed a telnet login error. We tried time increases and many other things but the issue persisted. I also tried dsl stats but had the same issue when ran independently.... reverted back to my 8324 and no issue with the same setup..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:02:09 PM by skyeci »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

It is a bit strange because dont seem to of missed any since around 21.30 last night. See what happens during the day

Couple of gaps today but not as bad as some of your previous days..

daveesh1

• Reg Member

Just checked the logs on DSL Stats and it failed to Login in at 00:03. and has repeated every min since. Just stopped and restarted DSLstats but got the same looks like a modem re-boot this time..

daveesh1

• Reg Member

Just tried HG612 stats that will not login either and I can't telnet into it from my machine so a reboot it will have to be in  the morning
Pages: [1] 2

anything