Computer Software > Security

Security Scan Tip!

(1/1)

dave.m:
As all my security software is of the freebie type (being a Yorkie), most do not have schedulers included.

An easy way of seeing when you last ran a scan,  instead of having to open it, I rename the desktop icon with the date when it was last run. A quick glance at the desktop on startup reminds me which needs scanning again.

dave

Floydoid:
I run all my security scans on a friday, along with Ccleaner and windows updates (preferring to do them manually), which I call my PC Housekeeping day. :)

The habit started about 8 years ago when I was first online and was running PC-cillin (which came free on my mobo CD - I'm an ex-pat Yorkie too), and there was no automatic definitions updates back then.

oldfogy:
How about if in Task Scheduler you created a schedule for one of your pieces of software to either open/run at a pre-determined date and time with the setting activated to run at the next login if missed!

OK, the program may only open and not run, but it would be a prompt that security items should now be run and as it's already opened there would be more chance of not putting it off until later and possibly forgetting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version