Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: G.INP / ECI line and interleaving  (Read 1379 times)

buds

G.INP / ECI line and interleaving
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »

Well I'm a bit fed up of this whole thing. I was caught up with the G.INP when it switched on and bumped interleaving on to my line and associated reduction in sync. Reflashed my HG612 and couple of days later interleaving drops off again so I'm relatively happy (sync still down but I'll put that down to increasing crosstalk).

Then the geniuses remove G.INP and once again interleaving back on and sync reduced. Unfortunately that has now been 9 days and I'm still stuck where I was. I even put ECI modem back on line now that G.INP not required a few days ago (kept line off for an hour so resync wouldn't be an issue).

Interleaving shows no signs of abating and I'm fed up. What can I do to get it too drop off again? Line has run fast path for years apart from when BT / Openreach do something (faulty HH5 and G.INP instances). My speeds whilst down won't be enough to get my ISP involved so am I screwed? As it happens my latest contract is also up so tempted to jump ship if that would put line back into training mode?

I'm also waiting for new Ethernet adapter for new laptop as an ultra slim doesn't have built in Ethernet to run hg612 stats.

Any thoughts and sorry for long post.

Thanks

JoshShep

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP / ECI line and interleaving
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »

If you don't mind reading through my thread you can see my line took somewhere in the region of 39 days for interleaving to be removed. There were a couple of re sync's in between so I could have delayed the process a little myself.

Just wait it out and hopefully things will improve!

buds

Re: G.INP / ECI line and interleaving
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:47:33 PM »

Thanks JoshShep for the reply. Had read through the threads on the recent snafu by openreach. I would be seriously disappointed if it took that length of time but I'll just leave it on the ECI modem for now and wait and see.

Seriously tempted to switch to A&A and if problem persists let them get involved.

anything